• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock & Republic Jeans

XeF4

Reaction score
Does anybody on this forum own a pair? If so what is the quality and fit like?

Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Reaction score
confused.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisneils
i dont personally have a pair but a few of my friends have a cpl pairs. they are huge fans of the name and thats all they wear so i would guess that the fit is quite good and definitely worth looking into!

You would be grossly mistaken.

diggs99

Reaction score
I own a pair and I love them, but they cant hold a candle to my Samurais, Flatheads, Earnest Sewns, Strongholds, APCs, Warehouses, and dozens of others. I wear them at clubs where I dont care what gets on them. They are a fine pair of jeans, but for quailty and price, you can do a lot better going with some of the brands people gush about on here.

fosho78

Reaction score
I think it's easy to give the stereotypical SF answer to this kind of question, but you have to keep in mind is that not everyone is born knowing about raw denim, about Nudie, or Samurai, any many of the other things that are common knowledge on this message board. Brands like R&R, Diesel, Seven For All Mankind, etc. are stepping stones on the way to learning more about the aforementioned brands. Now, to answer your question, I used to work in a store that sold R&R jeans, and I'll tell you the fit is pretty decent if you like a bootleg jean. If that's your thing, look into the Henlee and the Taylor (button-down back pocket, you may or may not like that) cuts. I haven't seen many people who look good in their straight leg models. Ultimately, R&Rs are badly overpriced, because I think there are a lot of other jeans out there for around the same price or less that are far superior in terms of quality. You're basically paying for a name and for the "R" on the back pocket, which I feel is way too ostentatious for most guys to wear. If you like some designs on the back pocket but want better quality denim check out Nudie jeans at the Denim Bar - www.denimbaronline.com

XeF4

Reaction score
Thanks for that post fosho. I actually just bought a pair of tailors because the cut looks pretty good on me, but the Rs on the pockets are just tacky, so I'm going to cut the stitching off tomorrow.

Are there any jeans that have a similar fit to Henlee/Taylor that you guys would recommend?

fosho78

Reaction score
Here are some other bootcut choices, and I'll try to give you a range:

Diesel Zatiny (or Zathan, they're the same thing for the most part) - These were another big seller where I worked. I think the quality is better on the Diesel denim, and the pocket designs aren't as wild either. If you want a well-known, name-brand jean (and there's nothing wrong with that), this might be a good choice.

Nudie Bootcut Ola - I had a pair of these and I got a lot of compliments on them. I think Nudie is really good bang for your buck and a great way to start getting into dry denim, if you're interested. Bootcut Olas will have a smaller opening at the bottom of the leg when compared to R&R Taylor's though.

5EP Low Down Boot - I've never had a pair of these but I've heard a lot of awesome things about them. Apparently they're the best fitting bootcut jeans around? You may want to give them a look.

Good luck finding another pair of jeans you like!

Comrade Lenin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fosho78
5EP Low Down Boot - I've never had a pair of these but I've heard a lot of awesome things about them. Apparently they're the best fitting bootcut jeans around? You may want to give them a look.

Going to go ahead and pop my 1st post cherry by seconding the 5EP LDB's- by far the greatest American brand when it comes to dry denim, and it ranks among the Japanese denim we love so much just as well.

Possibly my favorite Raw pair. Just size down 2
laugh.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are in the Rock and Republic price range check out RRL, the Americana-inspired Ralph Lauren line.

The Jeans are high-grade Japanese selvage and some of them have ornate back pocket stitching. I feel like it could be a good halfway point between high-quality denim and the trendier, heavily branded stuff.

They carry it at Denim Bar, though it doesn't appear to be on the website. You can also look on ebay or try to find an RRL boutique near you.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Natan!

I do carry Rock and Republic mens and RRL.
Rock and republic makes a good product. If you like that look PM me and we can hook it up for you.
The guys here on the forum tend to be a little more cleaner than the Rock and Republic image.
Best,
Mauro

XeF4

Reaction score
Did I not just state that I wasn't a fan of the branding? Or do you guys just want to trash the company?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got in 4 new styles of Rock and Republic. I have the neil , tayloe and Henlee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads