• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlpl ?????

seanandnik

Reaction score
What website or store can I see Purple Label line at ? On Polo.com they only show a very few styles, and I have seen everything on Ebay numerous times, is there a store or catalog I can look thru ? maybe a website showing all past and present p.l. stuff ?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
little out there on the web. Your best bet is your closest Neiman Marcus. Some of the Polo stores carry it but not many. Pretty tough to find overall, which is certainly part of why it is in whatever demand it is in.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about hard to find. Saks for Men on Wilshire always has scalds of the stuff on double discount (along with John Varvatos, Vestimenta, and other more "conservative" stuff) on the first floor after Christmas, and Loehmann's in Beverly Hills invariably has lots of shirts, sweaters, Polos, and occasionally ties, and assorted outerwear as well. Trying to score Costume National at discount is considerably more difficult, if that is your criterion for desirability.

TomW

Reaction score
Don't know about hard to find. Saks for Men on Wilshire always has scalds of the stuff on double discount (along with John Varvatos, Vestimenta, and other more "conservative" stuff) on the first floor after Christmas, and Loehmann's in Beverly Hills invariably has lots of shirts, sweaters, Polos, and occasionally ties, and assorted outerwear as well. Trying to score Costume National at discount is considerably more difficult, if that is your criterion for desirability.
It's just the opposite in SF - tons of Costume National I've seen - very little Purple Lable on discount. Funny how different it can be.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It depends, some items can be hard to find (suits) while others (polos, especially in large sizes) can be quite easy to find. I really like the RLPL Lisle polos so I look for them on sale whenever possible.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen lots of RLPL at Neiman-Marcus. Also at the Polo store. Also, if you want to see a broad variety of stuff in pictures, go to EBay and do a search for "purple label" -- it'll bring up 100s of items.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just the opposite in SF - tons of Costume National I've seen - very little Purple Lable on discount. Funny how different it can be.

Maybe we could all arrange a swap. Wouldn't that be fun? Seriously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads