• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Richemont (IWC) Turnaround Time

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with their timing - for warranty repair (Fort Worth)?

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sent my panerai for service. Quoted 8- 10 weeks

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update - received a call today & I was quoted 4 - 5 weeks.
Not sure what they are doing. New piece and it is running +4 minutes a day.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right. Did you bring it back to the local shop? My wife's Cartier was running fast and we brought it in for service, they de-magnetized it and it has been running on time. If you are on a cell, near a computer or apparently the worst is an iPad, that will through the time off due to magnetization. Time to get a Milgauss.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Update - received a call today & I was quoted 4 - 5 weeks.
Not sure what they are doing. New piece and it is running +4 minutes a day.

adjusting the movement. it does happen occasionally even with higher end time pieces. should be fine when you get it back.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
very common. its a machine.

thats a pretty quick turnaround time. I sent my Panerai 88 in for service and to re-align the hands once and it was gone for months. **thats my excuse for 2 watches....gotta have one to wear while the other is at the spa. ;)

Last edited:

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That doesn't sound right. Did you bring it back to the local shop? My wife's Cartier was running fast and we brought it in for service, they de-magnetized it and it has been running on time. If you are on a cell, near a computer or apparently the worst is an iPad, that will through the time off due to magnetization. Time to get a Milgauss.

No - not local Service. I sent it directly to Richemont (IWC Warranty Service) In Fort Worth. So far great Customer Service re; calling back, explanations etc. I just hope they follow through on the quoted timeframe...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

very common. its a machine.

thats a pretty quick turnaround time. I sent my Panerai 88 in for service and to re-align the hands once and it was gone for months. **thats my excuse for 2 watches....gotta have one to wear while the other is at the spa. ;)

when the watch has all the papers and is under the origional warranty they are much quicker about it.

if its missing papers or past the 3 or 5 year warranty its gonna be a long ass wait.

though i read a very interesting article in watchtime mag a few issues back about how with the explosion since the early 2000s in mechanical watch sales, and the very few properly trained high end watch makers, repairs on all these watches is going to be very difficult for most companies to keep up with. there are few schools that offer the training and not many people going.

there is a rolex sponsored school i think, you can go for free. if you are skilled you can make bank.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

there is a rolex sponsored school i think, you can go for free. if you are skilled you can make bank.

ive considered going to school for that for awhile. My last IWC was running really slow, and i was a little cocky. opened up the back, and tinkered around with adjusting it. adjusted it to 4 positions too. Not sure how well i did, but it was running just a couple seconds a day fast after i toyed around.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ive considered going to school for that for awhile. My last IWC was running really slow, and i was a little cocky. opened up the back, and tinkered around with adjusting it. adjusted it to 4 positions too. Not sure how well i did, but it was running just a couple seconds a day fast after i toyed around.

youve got balls mang. id never fuxor around with an expensive time piece.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I agree, I ain't opening nuthin. I sent mine through the local retailer where I purchased the watch. 8-10 weeks is long. My Franck Muller was much quicker, but I think that was the dark time for the brand. It took a week, although I think they might have had technicians in their Manhattan location.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

^ I agree, I ain't opening nuthin. I sent mine through the local retailer where I purchased the watch. 8-10 weeks is long. My Franck Muller was much quicker, but I think that was the dark time for the brand. It took a week, although I think they might have had technicians in their Manhattan location.

I wouldnt recommend opening it yourself. I know full well it was a dumb move. But i was also confident that anything i messed up could be fixed.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a call that the watch is ready, much quicker turn around time than anticipated.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the watch and no less than two weeks later it is kaput. The watch is supposed to tell time in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills , London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad, but it is fixed in Fort Worth?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads