• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remus Lupin's shoes

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The wife and I were trimming the tree with the "Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban" DVD playing this evening. As Prof. Remus Lupin is magically packing up his things at the 2:07:10 mark (or thereabouts) his quite nice looking chestnut semi-brogues (alas no shoe trees) stored themselves into his trunk. The maker emblem on the insole is quite visible, although not clear enough to read. There is gold lettering inside a gold shield outline. Any thoughts on the maker?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Haven't seen the movie, but maybe New & Lingwood/Poulsen & Skone? Their logo fits the bill.

Kaga

Reaction score
The wife and I were trimming the tree with the "Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban" DVD playing this evening. As Prof. Remus Lupin is magically packing up his things at the 2:07:10 mark (or thereabouts) his quite nice looking chestnut semi-brogues (alas no shoe trees) stored themselves into his trunk. The maker emblem on the insole is quite visible, although not clear enough to read. There is gold lettering inside a gold shield outline. Any thoughts on the maker?
IMMSMC I remember seeing those shoes. My guess was also New & Lingwood or Poulsen Skone (now called "St. James Shoes").

fkl118

Reaction score
I noticed those shoes too when I first saw the movie in the theatre (you know when you're a shoe freak when you notice stuff like that). I was watching the DVD a while back, but the DVD was a made-in-China bootleg (like you've never watched one) and the quality wasn't good enough to see the details. Anyways, I watched the entire movie again looking to see the shoes on his feet, but they never actually showed them. I suppose the shoes in that scene were just used as a prop and the actor didn't actaully wear them in the movie.

fkl118

Reaction score
OK, mystery solved.

I asked Adriane Hasz, the costume designer for the movie if they were Poulsen Skones: "No, they are from Barlows."

Don't know anything about Barlows, but there you have it.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny, but when I watched the DVD with my wife last weekend, I saw the makers mark on the shoes and wanted to backtrack/slow motion the scene to see if I could read it. But, I restained myself, knowing my wife would give me a "you must be kidding" comment....

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Funny, but when I watched the DVD with my wife last weekend, I saw the makers mark on the shoes and wanted to backtrack/slow motion the scene to see if I could read it. Â But, I restained myself, knowing my wife would give me a "you must be kidding" comment....
Well, she's bound to be out of the house sometime this week...
biggrin.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
You know a lot of guys get the Appreciation out when the wife isn't home
biggrin.gif
What a group... Bradford <-- looking for a chance to watch Harry Potter when his wife isn't looking

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics