• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reiss or APC

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Which would you go for, and why?

Reiss
APC
Issey Miyaki (sp.?)
Other

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely go with APC. It is much superior to Reiss in cut and denim quality at only a slightly higher pricepoint, and is of only marginally lower quality than Miyake, while being much more reasonably priced.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
I'd definitely go with APC.  It is much superior to Reiss in cut and denim quality at only a slightly higher pricepoint, and is of only marginally lower quality than Miyake, while being much more reasonably priced.
Is Reiss readily available in the US?

I tend to find that Reiss is expensive for what it is.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KBond in LA carried APC jeans as does the HTC (Hollywood Trading Company) section of Fred Segal in Santa Monica. Not sure about the Melrose location. Barneys also carried the line, but I'm not sure about the jeans. There is also a new store, opened after I left, on the Westside, that carries the line, from what I've heard.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Is Reiss readily available in the US?
I think that Reiss is exclusive to the UK, or maybe has some outlets in Europe. Â I've never seen it in the US.
They have just opened a store in NYC; however, previously they were predominantly in the UK. Reiss Website They tend to have nice, designer style stuff, at less than designer prices.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
(LA Guy @ Mar. 25 2005,15:25) Quote Is Reiss readily available in the US?
I think that Reiss is exclusive to the UK, or maybe has some outlets in Europe. Â I've never seen it in the US.
They have just opened a store in NYC; however, previously they were predominantly in the UK. Reiss Website They tend to have nice, designer style stuff, at less than designer prices.[/quote] Ah, yes, on West Broadway. I wondered what that was. How are their products, quality wise? Worth the pricepoint? Thanks, Dan

jmswentworth

Reaction score
(jmswentworth @ Mar. 25 2005,18:31)
Originally Posted by LA Guy,Mar. 25 2005,15:25
Quote Is Reiss readily available in the US?
They have just opened a store in NYC; however, previously they were predominantly in the UK. Reiss Website They tend to have nice, designer style stuff, at less than designer prices.
Ah, yes, on West Broadway. Â I wondered what that was. Â How are their products, quality wise? Â Worth the pricepoint? Thanks, Dan[/quote] That's a tough one, they are high quality (like Prada, Dior, or McQueen, not Kiton and Brioni) However, they are cheaper than Prada etc. And their styling is just as good. Certainly good stuff.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
tough because I have not owned any of their products for a long time, but they seem like very high quality for the price.

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Do you know if US prices are consistent with what's on the website?

Dan
I can't say for sure, because I have not been to the US store yet, but I would expect so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads