1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Reiss or APC

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jmswentworth, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Senior member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    Which would you go for, and why?

Reiss
    APC
    Issey Miyaki (sp.?)
    Other

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'd definitely go with APC. It is much superior to Reiss in cut and denim quality at only a slightly higher pricepoint, and is of only marginally lower quality than Miyake, while being much more reasonably priced.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

LA Guy, do you know of any stores in LA that carry the unwashed indigo APC jeans?

4. jmswentworth

Is Reiss readily available in the US?

I tend to find that Reiss is expensive for what it is.

5. LA Guy

KBond in LA carried APC jeans as does the HTC (Hollywood Trading Company) section of Fred Segal in Santa Monica. Not sure about the Melrose location. Barneys also carried the line, but I'm not sure about the jeans. There is also a new store, opened after I left, on the Westside, that carries the line, from what I've heard.

6. LA Guy

I think that Reiss is exclusive to the UK, or maybe has some outlets in Europe. I've never seen it in the US.

7. jmswentworth

Is Reiss readily available in the US?
    I think that Reiss is exclusive to the UK, or maybe has some outlets in Europe. Â I've never seen it in the US.
    They have just opened a store in NYC; however, previously they were predominantly in the UK. Reiss Website They tend to have nice, designer style stuff, at less than designer prices.

8. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

(LA Guy @ Mar. 25 2005,15:25) Quote Is Reiss readily available in the US?
    I think that Reiss is exclusive to the UK, or maybe has some outlets in Europe. Â I've never seen it in the US.
    They have just opened a store in NYC; however, previously they were predominantly in the UK. Reiss Website They tend to have nice, designer style stuff, at less than designer prices.[/quote] Ah, yes, on West Broadway. I wondered what that was. How are their products, quality wise? Worth the pricepoint? Thanks, Dan

9. jmswentworth

(jmswentworth @ Mar. 25 2005,18:31)
    Quote Is Reiss readily available in the US?
    They have just opened a store in NYC; however, previously they were predominantly in the UK. Reiss Website They tend to have nice, designer style stuff, at less than designer prices.
    Ah, yes, on West Broadway. Â I wondered what that was. Â How are their products, quality wise? Â Worth the pricepoint? Thanks, Dan[/quote] That's a tough one, they are high quality (like Prada, Dior, or McQueen, not Kiton and Brioni) However, they are cheaper than Prada etc. And their styling is just as good. Certainly good stuff.

10. jmswentworth

tough because I have not owned any of their products for a long time, but they seem like very high quality for the price.

11. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Do you know if US prices are consistent with what's on the website?

Dan

12. jmswentworth

I can't say for sure, because I have not been to the US store yet, but I would expect so.