• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reefer jacket somewhere?

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am obsessed by the reefer jacket advertised in Gieves & Hawkes Spring/Summer 2009 catalogue and no longer RTW available.

Does anyone know where I could find an equivalent or better interpretation of reefer jacket and be so kind to advise me abvout such?

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
tinfoil.gif

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Ask the gentlemen on the street corners of your nearest inner city neighborhood.

You seem better acquainted with the language of the streets than that of fashion. The word "reefer" as I use it refers to a jacket, not to cannibas sativa. For your information, the use of such reefer is damaging to your health in respect to concentration and memory, among other effects not helpful to know yourself and the world.

illeagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naive, Jr.
You seem better acquainted with the language of the streets than that of fashion. The word "reefer" as I use it refers to a jacket, not to cannibas sativa. For your information, the use of such reefer is damaging to your health in respect to concentration and memory, among other effects not helpful to know yourself and the world.

holy ****. you got beaten up a lot as a child, didn't you?

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Naive, Jr.

Wait, so you're saying you don't want a jacket made from marijuana?

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by illeagle
holy ****. you got beaten up a lot as a child, didn't you?
That's correct - I grew up and went to school in the inner city of where the poster kylelovesyou above who mistakes the meaning of "reefer" claims as location. Presumably you do not share such experience in view of the manner in which you speak of it. However, my thread does not have as theme violence on and off the street, and in point of concentration I repeat I asked about reefer as a jacket.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kylelovesyou
Wait, so you're saying you don't want a jacket made from marijuana?

I strongly recommend you change your residence. Chicago is a difficult place to develop for many.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's really great to hear from all of you and read your advice. I learned I must be far more careful in formulation of my questions on this forum because you are all so highly differentiated in your comprehension. Now I know how important clear thinking and adequate speech is in daily life and how environment can provide necessary stimulation for higher states of consciousness in our human evolution whereever we are! Thanks so much!

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off-topic a little, I know, but a quick question about heredity - is Naive, Sr. more or less naive than you?

gsugsu

Reaction score
I was just about to say John Partridge. That is if you are looking for a waxed versus wool reefer. I have this one and quite like it.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ That doesn't look like a reefer jacket (non-narcotic version). I always thought a reefer was akin to the nautical double breasted blazer with brass buttons?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads