• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo?

NationalBoxer

Reaction score
If anyone is in Canada. If you buy them from shoeme.ca (through ebates.ca), you will get 24% cash back. Coupon code Thanks!15 will also get you 15% off on the order.

Makes it about $224.40, if I did my math correctly. Pretty good deal if you're looking to get these boots.

Oksu

Reaction score
Just picked up a new pair of Iron Rangers (Copper). I am between a 10 and a 10.5 in dress shoes, and at the advice of this forum, ordered both a 9 and a 9.5 (free shipping both ways), with the intent of returning the worse fit. I tried the 9's first, and they were comfortable, almost with wiggle room. They are not so loose that I think I'll need to size down, even as the leather stretches, but it may be that I'll have to tighten my laces a bit as these wear. I love them, out of the box.

I purchased, with my shoes, Obenauf LP and a shoe brush (my first!). There seems to be uncertainty across the internet about the necessity of applying a product like Obenauf LP to new, theoretically "water proof" leather boots, and I would love to solicit any additional opinions on the matter. The snow in Chicago is finally melting, but there is ice and salt and mud across the city. I commute almost a mile and a half each way on my way to work. Would it be worth it to condition and "seal in" my shoes from the get go? Or can/should I wait a few weeks (I have seen a month suggested more than once) before doing so?

heavyhoody

Reaction score

Got some Vibram Raptor half soles put on my boots.. Was absolutely necessary for me to have something put on if I wanted to wear these here in Minnesota.. Here is a different question. I have really flat feet and always wear some kind of insoles in my shoes. Would it be better to start wearing insoles right from the beginning, or would it make sense to break in the boot without the insoles first??
I would not wear these with a insole. They have a leather insole which in time will mold to your foot. It just takes time.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not wear these with a insole. They have a leather insole which in time will mold to your foot. It just takes time.
Thank you.. I actually kept wearing this without any additional insoles and the leather insole is breaking in nicely.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of these when they were on sale at STP, can't say enough about how good they look.

I'm usually an 11 D, sized down 1/2 and got a 10.5, now I want to pick up a pair of 10s and see how they fit, any idea where to find the best rpice on these is? I just missed the Brooks Brothers sale.

peshlaki

Reaction score
I normally wear size 91/2.These are size 9 and fit perfect.I had to wear them for about two weeks before they really felt good.These are now two years old with only an occasional brushing.

E01A5538-2E5F-4DCF-BC0C-21608A8CF0C5-6581-000003EE907EB6F2_zps1534dc1e.jpg

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally wear size 91/2.These are size 9 and fit perfect.I had to wear them for about two weeks before they really felt good.These are now two years old with only an occasional brushing.

E01A5538-2E5F-4DCF-BC0C-21608A8CF0C5-6581-000003EE907EB6F2_zps1534dc1e.jpg
Are these Amber Harness? Seem to be holding up very well for two years of wear..

peshlaki

Reaction score

Are these Amber Harness? Seem to be holding up very well for two years of wear.. 

Yes.I alternate with other boots and shoes.I have lots.I probably average minimum a day a week with these.Sometimes I wear them several days in a row,then I might not wear them for a couple weeks.

WiL11o6

Reaction score
I just picked these up and I know these will require some breaking in. The cap toe area is digging into my toes as I walk when I bend. Is the leather there going to soften up?

AlwaysDressed

Reaction score
Today I picked up a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers in Amber Harness (8111). I immediately replaced the laces with a pair of dark brown leather laces. In my opinion they give the boot the high end look that they deserve. Let me know what you think.

IR5_zps7e316fb7.jpg

IR6_zps4f35ad5d.jpg

IR8_zpsf0469fac.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads