• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

araybanfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, they swapped out a new pair for me, so if it happens again, I'll have to give that a try.
smile.gif
How did you find breaking in the new pair? I remember beckman was way stiff at first. The problems with split soles did surface with a few before. I hope this one will serve you better.

Reaction score

How did you find breaking in the new pair? I remember beckman was way stiff at first. The problems with split soles did surface with a few before. I hope this one will serve you better.

I haven't even worn them yet lol I'm waiting until my days off to wear them in the house. Last pair broke in easily. I was able to wear them with little discomfort after a couple days.

presidente

Reaction score
Iron rangers workers beware: it might be that I'm using the hiker'a loop for anti-heel-slippage, but these new boots' laces are starting to fray, (although I do actually use my boots for work on top of fashion)

I'll need to pick up a few spares, and since I got this pair right before winter, I'm not really surprised.

EPrest90

Reaction score
Iron rangers workers beware: it might be that I'm using the hiker'a loop for anti-heel-slippage, but these new boots' laces are starting to fray, (although I do actually use my boots for work on top of fashion)

I'll need to pick up a few spares, and since I got this pair right before winter, I'm not really surprised.
Call the number on Red Wing Heritage's website and they'll send you a free pair, or your local Red Wing store.

If you're worried about future pairs fraying, just ask for leather laces instead.

presidente

Reaction score
Appreciate it, definitely going to opt for the leather laces.

Also, here's a pic for the evening with my Copper heritage rangers. Potato quality, but lovely to work in the rain with some thick socks.

OXkiKZn.jpg

EPrest90

Reaction score
Appreciate it, definitely going to opt for the leather laces.

Also, here's a pic for the evening with my Copper heritage rangers. Potato quality, but lovely to work in the rain with some thick socks.
Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with raw hide leather laces at the moment, and I think the Red Wings leather laces are pretty great that I bought a couple(5 bucks a pair at my local Red Wing store) and cut them for various other shoes(boat shoes, chukkas, desert boots, etc). Treated them with mink oil and they look and work awesome.

cathpah

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with raw hide leather laces at the moment, and I think the Red Wings leather laces are pretty great that I bought a couple(5 bucks a pair at my local Red Wing store) and cut them for various other shoes(boat shoes, chukkas, desert boots, etc). Treated them with mink oil and they look and work awesome.
My favorite rawhide laces out there are sold by White's and Nick's (same laces, I believe). Fantastically strong and great contrast.

presidente

Reaction score

Call the number on Red Wing Heritage's website and they'll send you a free pair, or your local Red Wing store. 

If you're worried about future pairs fraying, just ask for leather laces instead. 

My favorite rawhide laces out there are sold by White's and Nick's (same laces, I believe).  Fantastically strong and great contrast. 

Going to look into them both tomorrow :)

Thanks guys!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads