• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grolsch
Do you guys think these will help soften the leather after while? Or am I just going to be in more pain till the boot finally break in, hopefully?

The 1907s are the ones that come with the insole right? For me they run true to size. Your boots are probably too small. You might think about removing the insole if there's one in there. If not then you need to sell on ebay and go up a .5 size.

SwiftLearner

Reaction score
I've found Red Wings run TTS also. I tried to downsize by a 1/2, and it pinched the sides of my feet like hell. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

Grolsch

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll try them again after removing the insoles and see if there is any improvement. Otherwise, like chethondo mentioned, I'll sell them.

naatkins

Reaction score
As far as sizing goes I wear an 8 in Purcells, a 7 in DBs, and a 7 in Red Wings. I have a narrow heel though, and have heard that some people have a problem with how narrow the GTs are in the heel, so it really depends on what shape your feet are, not your normal size as far as I can tell.

Grolsch

Reaction score
It's definitely uncomfortable. May be because I've not used it the way a boot is supposed to be treated. Anyways, I just checked and saw that the boot is hardly a month old (not 2 as I wrote earlier) I'll try to contact the seller for an exchange. Hope he is open to it.

Grolsch

Reaction score
So my seller asked for some pictures to assess the status of my boots. Hope its fit for an exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime, I came across a good looking pair of boots called Thorogood for Epaulet Crazy Horse No. 685 Boot Anyone familiar with these?! Excerpts:
Each piece is meticulously crafted in Wisconsin and feature a rugged "Crazy Horse" leather upper, and Goodyear-welted cork-filled Neoprene sole. 144 units are available for Spring 2011 - all of which are exclusive to Epaulet. This boot will age beautifully over time and last for years. Its beautiful cowhide exterior will develop will only get better the more you wear it.
5596679724_5135ace6f7_b.jpg

Curious_George

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chethondo
The 1907s are the ones that come with the insole right? For me they run true to size. Your boots are probably too small. You might think about removing the insole if there's one in there. If not then you need to sell on ebay and go up a .5 size.

1907 run small compared to something like the GT. My experience with them is true to size as well. While I have like an inch of toe space in my 11.5D GT, I have almost none in my 1907 in the same size. From my experience with different Red Wing models, the GT and other models on that last are the only ones that run significantly longer than marked size. But whether or not it's a advisable to size down with them depends on the width of your foot. I have found I cannot size down on the GT because of how narrow they run.

num21lock

Reaction score
are the Red wing Work Oxford shoes very chunky? My jeans have a 6.5 leg opening and i'm concerned it might end up looking like clown shoes...

the shoes in question ->
RW-ox1.jpg

alexanduh

Reaction score
^ might look a lil silly imo. ive seen then before and i figured it would be hard to rock them. probs best with rolled chinos or something

Grolsch

Reaction score
engar, thanks for sharing. Any chance you can upload a foto? Really curious how it came along!

elduderino

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear those oxfords with tight jeans. Chinos or regular straight fit maybe.

Got myself a pair of 3140 Chukkas on ebay for the cheapz. Size 9D (UK), I hope they fit. On the other hand, they were so cheap that I could get money from reselling.

tsacain

Reaction score
I have a pair of redwing goretex #910's that I wear for work. They are awesome boots which do not kill my feet after walking on concrete all day, 10hrs +. I am definately going to buy another pair for hiking. The redwing store/outlet also has great service. My brother's duty boots came apart, not horrible but where the pull tab is to help getting them on, in 3 months of EMS use. He took them back to the store and they gave him a brand new pair, insted of repairing them. Mainly that was due to him wearing his full EMS gear, but it still shows great service.

elduderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by elduderino
Got myself a pair of 3140 Chukkas on ebay for the cheapz. Size 9D (UK), I hope they fit. On the other hand, they were so cheap that I could get money from reselling.

Damn. Got 'em and the description was wrong - they're UK10s. After opening the box, I was pretty angry. But: they fit. There's even enough space for custom insoles. Awesome.
They look good, but very long. I'll get used to that
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads