1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Gunky

Gunky Senior member

i'm a measured "upper" 10.5D according to red wing machine...my left foot is a bit bigger than my right. I wore a size 10 beckman boot and it felt nice and snug but my left foot felt a bit crammed. I got a size 10.5 instead and they are def roomier but I don't have that crammed feeling.

2. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

I didn't mean to imply you should feel like you're wearing New Balance sneakers out the door or anything. My point was, don't cripple yourself. Try shoes on at the end of a day where you walked around a bit, they are made from leather, leather tends to stretch, buy the pair that feels snug but never something that is uncomfortable or painful. Not to make this sound like a PSA or anything but I know a guy who did some serious permanent damage to his feet from wearing too small boots.

3. getfreshcrue

getfreshcrue Member

I'm selling brand new red wing j crew Moc toe boots for cheap hit me up for pricing I only have 10.5 size a few call or text me at 6465238012 I am in New York City

4. Gunky

Gunky Senior member

with my 10.5 beckmans, my feet feel OK but they look HUGE on me

5. matt92037

matt92037 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Listen to gasoline. This boot sizing down thing might be the single dumbest thing I've ever seen on this very dumb forum.

7. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

>very dumb forum
    >over 5k posts
    >Constanzaface.jpg

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

If the boots are unsanforized it's good to size up 2 so they shrink to fit on your first wash.

4 people like this.
  10. Gunky

Gunky Senior member

Lawlwat

11. getfreshcrue

getfreshcrue Member

$326 J. Crew Gift Card for $275 whoever wants it I can meetup in NYC tomorrow's the last day of the sale so if I was you I'd get it by tomorrow 50% off plus 15 for students and this discount ;) sounds good
    hit me up with a private message or 6465238012

12. thebuyingseller

thebuyingseller Member

didnt want to go through all the pages so i'm hoping someone can answer....

for those who have the classic moc boot (875s, 8138s) and iron rangers, did you get the same exact size for both? do they basically fit the same?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  13. herrmj

herrmj Senior member

12d in iron ranger and 9011 round toe beckman are a great fit. The 9012 moc toe beckman in 12d did not have enough toe room; I could feel my big toe pressing against the front.
    Hope that helps.

14. mondayevening

mondayevening New Member

hey, i would get a sweet deal for the 8196 boots (-50 %).. my size is 10,5 in iron rangers so the question is do the run the same? these would be size 11 and i dont want too big boots.

15. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

Have you found the 224 last to be big in the heel at all? When I try on the chukkas I feel like it is narrow in the toes and huge in the heel. I'm assuming the same is true for the 9029-30? I've never seen the 9029-30 in real life though as no one stocks it where I live.

16. matt92037

matt92037 Well-Known Member

The 9029 and the chukkas do feel very similar. Mine feel just right in the heel area. My Iron Rangers on the other hand felt much loser to me.

17. thebuyingseller

thebuyingseller Member

How is it that the black amber iron ranger in 9.5D felt so much wider (on the heel) and looser than the brown amber iron ranger 9.5D... Anyone had same experience?

18. DesmondD

DesmondD Well-Known Member

Does anyone have advice on where to buy Red Wing Iron Rangers in Australia (particularly Perth)? Have never tried them on before, so free shipping and free return shipping would be very welcome! Red Wing Australia have this option, but have limited sizes and the price is $100 more than on other sites. I tried Revolve, which have a great price, but they said Red Wing don't let them ship to Australia.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

19. BlackPig

BlackPig Member

I got my Iron Rangers shipped to Australia from Revolve in November 2012. Their shipping policy must have changed since then, or someone is giving you BS.

20. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

[​IMG]

Any idea what these are? I have not seen them online anywhere.

Gregg