• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Tiger of Sweden coat

minimalist

Reaction score
Hi all
smile.gif

After some weeks of lurking I decided to join the crowd here. I think I will enjoy spending some of my time with all you fashion-addicts here pretty much!
wink.gif

To start up with, I recently found this picture in the interwebs:

http://www.gq-magazin.de/gq/2/galler...ex.php/image/8

Apparently the coat is made by Tiger of Sweden, but I was not able to find ANY information about it on their page or elsewhere on the web... I even emailed ToS, but did not get any answer.... So, does any of you guys have the faintest idea about where this could be puchased? Or does anyone of you even own it and can report on it, eg if the color is really that stunning in real life?
Any comments on it in general?
smile.gif

minimalist

Reaction score
'bump' Noone? Anyone? 'sigh'
frown.gif

minimalist

Reaction score
'grin' Somehow it was exactly what I feared... A nice piece that I really like and you can bet that it is not available in my size, or anymore, or at all, or without robbing more than one bank...
wink.gif

Has anyone heard about some other coat in a different than the usual black brown grey, nice color? I am usually always a bit jealous when I see women sporting coats in many different colors... I think it can really make an outstanding outfit, when cut and color look right for a guy
smile.gif

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hus in new york city carries tiger of sweden, theyre pretty helpful so you might want to give them a call

minimalist

Reaction score
Berlin: Okay, they got some really nice coats, I have to admit. But I did not see anything on their homepage in other colors than the usual gray, black, beige... Besides that, most of their stuff is in the price range of some nice used car
wink.gif

Ghulkhan: I will try to find an email adress of theirs - guess my english is not fluent enough for calling them
wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, really appreciate your help
smile.gif
Any more suggestions where to get some coat in a cool color I don't have to break the bank for?

minimalist

Reaction score
Berlin: Never mind
smile.gif
I am glad somebody's tying to help! Bin mir auch nicht sicher ob ich mich im Englischen verständlich ausgedrückt habe
wink.gif

I am headed to the city now to check out a thrift store that maybe will carry such fancy stuff... I guess I will instead end up buying sweaters and scarfs and stuff...
wink.gif

falsestart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
hus in new york city carries tiger of sweden, theyre pretty helpful so you might want to give them a call

thumbs up on Hus...........very helpful folks, and good merchandise

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by minimalist
Berlin: Okay, they got some really nice coats, I have to admit. But I did not see anything on their homepage in other colors than the usual gray, black, beige... Besides that, most of their stuff is in the price range of some nice used car
wink.gif

Ghulkhan: I will try to find an email adress of theirs - guess my english is not fluent enough for calling them
wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, really appreciate your help
smile.gif
Any more suggestions where to get some coat in a cool color I don't have to break the bank for?

dont worry
i like the coat
i already emailed them
ill let you know today

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked to Viktorya at HUS today
She says that shell find out if they can get the coat. They are usually able to do special orders depending on some circumstances (if its available and other junk). She will need the 50 percent deposit before placing the order. She said shell get back to me by monday....

minimalist

Reaction score
Ghulkhan: Hey, that is really kind!
smile.gif
Also nice to hear that anyone else considers this coat cool enough to be interested in it. Now lets wait how much they will charge for it... and how much it will cost to get it shipped here
wink.gif
I purchased a black Tiger of Sweden suit last weekend for about 430€ ... about 610$... IMHO it is absolutely worth its price and I was already having lots of fun wearing the jacket with some Levi's and it has nice details all over it.
inlove.gif
But judging from that price I guess the coat will be quite pricy...
plain.gif

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she said it would be probably range anywhere between 600-900 dollars

but ill let you know the price on monday
as for the shipping i have no idea probably 30-40 bucks at least?

if you want..if they have it
i could get it and ship it to you unless they do that themselves

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads