• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Blazer?

joey23st

Reaction score
Long story short, an extracurricular organization I'm part of requires a red blazer as part of their competition "uniform". In an effort to shy away from looking like a cheaply dressed bellhop, I'd rather purchase my own blazer instead of buying their overpriced, shoddily made one.

I'm a shorter guy, and I usually fit into a 36s (if I can ever find one. Thankfully I have a half decent tailor.) Can anyone recommend a slimmer fitting red blazer, one that hopefully won't break the bank as there are only a handful of occasions I'd have to wear it each year. I've searched a bit and the only thing I can find would be this tacky looking thing that google found at sears. Yeah, no.

Thanks for any help fellas!

-Joe

edit- not having been here in a while, I just realized there's a quick questions thread. Jump on me if you like, I apologize if this is the wrong place. I'd delete it, but uhh...I'm not exactly sure how.

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to define "break the bank" someone like New and Lingwood could do something around the $750, A good entry level bespoke maker could work wonders for $1,200 and a savile row tailor would charge about $3,300.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've seen them by Jos A Bank (I know, I know but you said you had a good tailor) and was somewhat tempted by a J Press cotton blazerI saw on their website on sale a few months ago but decided the desperate real estate agent look was not for me.

But if drunken santas are involved I'm in!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tell us more about the extracurricular organization. Are there Santas? DRUNKEN SANTAS?

Perhaps the OP works for Butlins holiday camps as a Redcoat.

tgt465

Reaction score
I would recommend buying their standard red blazer, instead of searching for your own. You will almost certainly never be able to match the color exactly, so you will stand out from the rest of the group. I don't know what your group activity actually consists of, but the whole point of a uniform is so that you all will look... uniform. Getting your own jacket defeats the purpose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics