• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for Silk Pajamas

sdsurfer

Reaction score
Due to quarentine and spending so much time at home I would like to invest in some silk pajamas. I've never owned a pair and since I'll be buying online I'd like some recommendations or advice on getting something of quality.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could start with Derek Rose.

Not sure if this is a price point you’re comfortable with.

duffyfluffy123

Reaction score
What are good pyjama brands to check out nowadays for machine washable cotton or wool?
I seen Derek Rose, but are they worth the $?
Are there any better or same alternatives at lower cost?

kaitlincampean

Reaction score
Due to quarentine and spending so much time at home I would like to invest in some silk pajamas. I've never owned a pair and since I'll be buying online I'd like some recommendations or advice on getting something of quality.
I advise you not to look at the options on Amazon; there's just terrible silk quality. I tried several times to order normal pajamas for home from there, and I received some disgusting piece of cheap fabric each time. I have tried ordering in both expensive and cheap segments, so I say it is better not to order anything from silk there. I can advise you to turn your attention to The Sleeper pink feather pajamas, now I only order my wardrobe items there, as I like the quality and designs that this company will provide. So you can go and see in the catalog what pajamas they have to choose from; I think you will be very satisfied.

Last edited:

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Depending on your budget, you might also want to consider rayon. Tencel, in particular, is really nice, definitely nicer to the touch than cheap silk garments if you ask me.

Also -- I assume you want a set of a pajama shirt + pajama pants, but if you haven't considered it yet, consider a robe. It's not the same -- you'd probably wear it over something else -- but it's a luxury, and it has the benefit of not needing to be cleaned often. If you wear silk PJs on your skin regularly, you will need to clean them often and silk is annoying to clean. if you wear a tee shirt, underwear, and a robe, the robe might not touch your skin directly... except when you touch it. You won't sweat into it, and you'll always have the robe's pockets available. It's a very different approach to home comfort, but it's not bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads