• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent trouble with WW Chan - anyone else?

JCM

Reaction score
Has anyone else had trouble recently with WW Chan?

I ordered a suit in March, was charged at the beginning of June, and just received it - more than 6 weeks later (this seemed a bit shady). Upon opening the package, it is almost as if the suit were made for someone else - I can barely squeeze into the jacket, and can't come close to buttoning the pants. The jacket seems like it was made for someone a foot taller than I am, the rear vents are cut at an angle instead of straight, the list goes on. This is my first Chan suit, but I am utterly shocked at how bad it is. I have emailed Chan to ask for a refund but it seems as though they're ignoring me.

Has anyone else had trouble like this? What would anyone recommend?

Thanks for any insights!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me as if they may have sent you a suit made for another man. Have you checked on the name on the inside breast pocket to make sure it is the suit made for you?

With this last (March) order, I was the "victim" of a shipping screw-up. When my package from Chan arrived, it turned out to be three suits made for a man in Connecticut. He received my two jackets. Chan orchestrated an exchange. I got my two jackets, which as always were a perfect fit, and that was the end of the matter.

The fact that I experienced a screw-up in their shipping makes me strongly suspect they sent you another man's suit by mistake. To have them send you a suit that badly "off" sounds totally unlike them.

I can assure you, based on a relationship of four years and having acquired a dozen tailored garments from them, that they are a totally reputable firm, and they are extremely concerned with having their customers satisfied. A great pity you didn't get this suit in time for Patrick's latest tour so that you could have taken the matter up with him then.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chan is far from shady. They're the real deal. I'm sure it is an honest mistake. It sometimes takes a few days to get a response from their email dept though.

alebrady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Chan is far from shady. They're the real deal. I'm sure it is an honest mistake. It sometimes takes a few days to get a response from their email dept though.

+1. on both counts - they clearly stand behind their garments but, particularly lately, the timeliness of electronic communications has definitely become worse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads