• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
The only real similarity is that they're both flannels that utilize muted color palettes. The DBSS shirt is entirely gray scale and looks more fashion-y, whereas the W+H is green/purple/gray and has more of a classic woodsman/lumberjack style. I hate houndstooth too and instead prefer larger patterns with more subtle colors. Prior to the W+H flannel I'd never worn any of the flannels I'd bought much. I decided this was mostly due to the bright colors on the shirts, so I'm experimenting with getting some flannels in more muted colors as a way of adding some pattern to my outfits. If you decide to get the W+H flannel, be aware that the bottom hem flares outward a bit too much for my taste. I had to size down to the XS in order to get it to look right when zipped up. I think this shirt is by far the best piece of W+H FW09-- most of the other stuff is pretty bland or awkward looking.
Yeah for me I'd only get like a single one. I'd pretty much only wear it with black coated / waxed denim and awesome dark boots, for grunge appeal. I'll have to see when it goes on sale.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Wtf? You can't treat all clothing from yoox as a single entity, even if much of it is mediocre who's to say that he didn't get a few lucky pieces such as your beloved RL's?

i got a wool WWM upland jacket form yoox that i love as well...

for $184
teacha.gif

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is. I am 17 and applying to college. I do not deserve a "great" shoe. I have a long way to go in life and I think that at 17 wearing a designer shoe is a little arrogant. How can I apply for financial aide and scholarships if I can spend so much on dress shoes at this age. Yes I would love to look as best as I can at any age so I think Cole Haan's are a good option to start out at. As some call them "lawyer shoes", if I upgraded to real hardcore lawyer/CEO what does that say about what is important to me at this age?

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Stop letting people's words get to you, lol.

I am trying to make a point about how some people here are status obsessed.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most people have never heard of the majority of the SF-beloved brands.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaoloM
All I have to say is. I am 17 and applying to college. I do not deserve a "great" shoe. I have a long way to go in life and I think that at 17 wearing a designer shoe is a little arrogant. How can I apply for financial aide and scholarships if I can spend so much on dress shoes at this age. Yes I would love to look as best as I can at any age so I think Cole Haan's are a good option to start out at. As some call them "lawyer shoes", if I upgraded to real hardcore lawyer/CEO what does that say about what is important to me at this age?
apply to my school and lets chill next year i will help you get the best work-study job on campus so you can make $$$$ to afford all your luxury purchases also it says: IM BALLER

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you're 17 you should be wearing levis and a t-shirt that says MOUNTAIN GOATS on it, not worrying what the internet thinks about your cole haans and double-breasted suits

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you want to look like a lawyer anyway? Are you positive that makes you look "your best"? I was recently reading an article about Parisian vs. American sense of style that seems relevant. It pointed out that the American is more likely to believe an outfit is appropriate and stylish based solely on the type of clothing being worn. For example dress shoes, blazer, and a tie is "looking your best" even if the clothing fits poorly, colors clash, and the overall outfit lacks visual interest. While the Parisian is more likely to look at the whole picture as opposed a mere checklist of clothing types, thus even more casual pieces could possibly be seen as "looking your best" when worn together in a stylish manner. Anyway, I get the feeling you think if you wear those Cole Haans you are somehow "looking your best" based on a checklist style mentality. Yet by wearing those you are likely even failing by American standards since most Americans rarely consider any occasion worthy of wearing dressy shoes like that. Thus you run a high risk of both not looking stylish and looking like you're dressed inappropriately for your age and environment.

mttlee0

Reaction score
BB1, do you have a link to the article? I'm interested in reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads