• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes are awesome. And I have worn them on the subway. I have them with me today, but they are only for the gym.
frown.gif

I fully acknowledge they are awful looking, but I do run in them as it's helpful for me. Also de facto motivation to keep moving as quickly as possible, so as to ensure nobody actually sees what is on my feet.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, but yell at somebody for accidentally stepping on your toes on the subway? I mean if you had half a brain you should fully expect this. Unless he was some sort of sociopath who just does it as an excuse to lash out at people. I mean, people have stepped on my $1K+ shoes and I want to uppercut them, but it is just something you have to deal with.

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, but yell at somebody for accidentally stepping on your toes on the subway? I mean if you had half a brain you should fully expect this. Unless he was some sort of sociopath who just does it as an excuse to lash out at people. I mean, people have stepped on my $1K+ shoes and I want to uppercut them, but it is just something you have to deal with.

I 100% agree.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

well, yeah. And since your feet feel like they are barefoot you should automatically know to be careful of having them near people in shoes.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had no idea that there is a legal way to open a hydrant. My street is like a water park.

Report Open Hydrants

Opening fire hydrants without sprinkler caps is wasteful and dangerous. Illegally opened hydrants can lower water pressure, which can cause problems at hospitals and other medical facilities and hinder fire-fighting by reducing the flow of water to hoses and pumps. Children can also be at serious risk, because the powerful force of an open hydrant without a sprinkler cap can push them into oncoming traffic.Call 311 to report an open hydrant.
Hydrants can be opened legally if equipped with a City-approved sprinkler cap. One illegally opened hydrant wastes up to 1,000 gallons of water per minute, while a hydrant with a sprinkler cap only puts out around 25 gallons per minute. Visit your local firehouse to have a sprinkler cap installed
lefty

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah... That's actually nice, I like that they do that. Not that I'm going to be taking advantage of it, but if I was a kid I'd think that's the coolest thing ever.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always thought it was more of a '70s thing. There are families with lawnchairs out, picnics and a few enterprising kids offering to wash passing cars.

Can I add "proximity to swimming pool" to my apt features if I decide to sell?

lefty

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think of the Godfather when I see those--the scene where Sonny is beating the **** out of Carlo in the street.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That reminds me of the short from Sesame Street (I think) where they show the kid rubbing the empty can against the pavement to make a diverter. It also reminds me of the scene in Do The Right Thing where they douse the guy in the passing car after making him think they'd let him pass.

"Hey, yo, don't be fuckin' with the water!"

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

My grandmother lived in the Penn South coop my whole life, and right next to the elevator was a big fallout sign with an "Impeach Nixon" sticker. It was still there in the late nineties, and I still regret not stealing it when we cleared out her apartment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads