• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reasons to use braces?

Wolfador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
I work for bb and I'm not sure I'm not sure if I should buy the brooks brothers retaill braces or the outlet braces they're both made by trafalgar

;the outlet braces cost 39 dollars and 95 cents the retail braces cost 88 dollars I get 60 percent of anything I buy which ones should I buy is there a difference

I have some of both and there is a definite difference between the two. The leather on the outlet ones feels a lot cheaper and the Y piece on the back doesn't have the BB logo, however I would say they both function the same so you could go with either.

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I definitely need to be told exactly what it is you are telling me. I still dont think anyone explained how it is possible to endure the excruciating heat that occurs in my shoulders when wearing braces vs the times I choose to go without. Im thinking that scientifically I may be .5 - .8 degrees cooler if I choose to go without a belt or suspenders and that may make all the difference in my day to day lifestyle. God forbid I should encounter any kind of situation where I do any type of physical labour. If that were to happen I think I would literally die of exhaustion.

Good Lord man. I really thought for a moment if I should continue this discourse before writing, but I guess Im a masochist today.

Do I have any laboratory data on how much cooler braces make you? No, but I have a decent amount of empirical off-the-cuff data telling me they are, if even subtley so. If you want to draw an analogy, are you cooler or warmer with a tie on? A belt is doing the same thing to your waist that a tie is doing to your neck. Heat rises - let it out if you can. Really simple stuff here.

Look, we are talking about long sleeve shirts, ties, and jackets made from wool. When its 95 and humid, you are going to be hot in business dress, no matter if its 9 oz worsted or linen or fresco. We are talking about taking what we can get here. A fresco may make you a bit more comfortable. As would losening your tie a bit. As would wearing braces. But none of that is going to make you as comfortable as wearing shorts and sandals in air-conditioning. It seems from what you write that is the magnitute of change in comfort that you are looking for. If that is the case you probably should stay away from business dress althogether, because you are simply not going to find it there.

bewing77

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
I definitely need to be told exactly what it is you are telling me. I still dont think anyone explained how it is possible to endure the excruciating heat that occurs in my shoulders when wearing braces vs the times I choose to go without. Im thinking that scientifically I may be .5 - .8 degrees cooler if I choose to go without a belt or suspenders and that may make all the difference in my day to day lifestyle. God forbid I should encounter any kind of situation where I do any type of physical labour. If that were to happen I think I would literally die of exhaustion.

Anyone without some physical defect or some illness have the capability to regulate his body temperature, that's part of being a mammal rather than say a reptile. There are however a whole bunch of things that subjectively makes us feel more comfortable in hot vs cold situations. If someone feels cooler wearing bracers rather than a belt who are you to tell him he is wrong?

OT: I use braces because they ensure that the trousers sit where I want them to sit. I have narrow hips and a small behind which often forces me to pull a belt far to tight or deal with having to adjust the pants every time I stand up or after walking around for a while. Also, I prefer the more relaxed look of seeing the full front of the trousers rather than a belt buckle. However, if I know I will spend the day mostly at my desk, meaning I will probably be without my jacket a lot, I go with a belt, or preferably, side adjusters, since bracers are underwear and looks fairly bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads