• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey horse teeth girl...

0.jpg

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most people tip when they order takeout? I usually don't but sometimes feel like a jerk while signing the receipt. Then again all they did was bring my box from the kitchen to the front.

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do most people tip when they order takeout? I usually don't but sometimes feel like a jerk while signing the receipt. Then again all they did was bring my box from the kitchen to the front.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

/\ Yes, they only get paid $2.13 an hour so I leave a small tip for takeouts.

This isn't true, only servers (and sometimes bussers and food runners) get paid that rate. Generally cooks, hostesses, etc are paid a higher rate. I tip if I'm getting served, if I'm driving to pick up food then there is no point in tipping.

Dorje

Reaction score
g trans, yes, I know only wait staff get paid $2, but most of the time wait staff seem to bring me carryouts. Sometime hostesses and I don't mind giving them a small tip either. Tipping is one of those things where an extra dollar can make a big difference so I don't mind spending it...

LelandJ

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
20% on takeout, 25% otherwise.

For my local spots I frequent, I do 25% on takeout and 30% eating in. There's one restaurant I really like the food at but the server's exceptionally and unconsciously annoying, I only tip her 20% but she thinks that's a good tip.
redface.gif

I worked front of the house in some of the top restaurants in the country so I tip higher than average.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20-25% on freaking carryout? there was an article about this now proliferating "tip jar" concept that is everywhere. there's one at the self-serve frozen yogurt place for christ sakes. what??
if I eat in the restaurant and you bring my food, get me some extra whatever, replenish my drinks, take away the plates etc. then you are providing a service. when I get carryout and pay you for the food, I paid you for the food which is what I got. seriously what's the tip for? should x-post to "Things You Don't Get"

(for the record, when I eat in I always tip and tip well providing it was earned)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

20-25% on freaking carryout? there was an article about this now proliferating "tip jar" concept that is everywhere. there's one at the self-serve frozen yogurt place for christ sakes. what??
if I eat in the restaurant and you bring my food, get me some extra whatever, replenish my drinks, take away the plates etc. then you are providing a service. when I get carryout and pay you for the food, I paid you for the food which is what I got. seriously what's the tip for? should x-post to "Things You Don't Get"

(for the record, when I eat in I always tip and tip well providing it was earned)

When you do takeout, someone is still putting everything together, making sure everything is packed properly, that you have flatware, etc... And service goes double for delivery.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone is always providing a service at some point. Doesn't mean we need to start tipping absolutely everyone. I read an article a while back of how a restaurant increased their price like 30% and started to provide health insurance and good salary for waiters, seems like a better alternative.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we be tipped for posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads