• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I had a horrible sense of #menswear today (despite not really knowing what this is), walking around with a filson bag complete with camera and manual focus lens, street-photographing others into thesartorialist hell, wearing cropped [+j] trousers on this most suspiciously hot days of early March, an untucked ocbd, and no-show socks hiding under the supple CP leather sneakers, and a rain jacket [+j] thrown over my bag as it was sunny and unnecessary before the evening tornados arrived (!!! I survived though, thank you for your concern, but I did see the town next door ravaged by an unimaginable carnage and the aftermath of of egg-sized hail and 1meter+ flooding in the streets ~ and yes, I did consider a tornado WAYWT fit but couldn't get the focus right when winds were going up to 85mph).

i compared my perception of the self with yesterday -- laden with voluminous and ultra-light weight fabrics billowing about my corpse in the wind, drawing awe from the onlookers. today, i felt like the jerk hipster barista serving me a burnt shot of espresso at the now-closing coffee shop. as i tried to justify my outfit in my head, what i heard was a muffled sound. what i sensed, was shame.

what will i do for the rest of the coming months if this was to be my wardrobe as humidity reaches 99% , suffocating us without releasing the moister from their bonds in the air, unable to form escape pod droplets to shower us with a warm summer mist at dusk.

sipang ~ where am I are you ...

Last edited:

Miran2

Reaction score
Randomkoreandude, I like bulgogi a lot too...when it's already cooked...such a nice combination of sweet and meaty! I guess that's the Korean pear in there...

I don't like those "grill it up yourself at your table!" korean places...although they can be fun if there's enough soju.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, KingJulien mentioned that poster...and I checked out that post...

That member is a nutjob!  Total freakazoid!  He thinks kebab-khanehs are high-class establishments to dress up for!  What the **** is high-class about a sweaty guy in a white T-shirt fanning hot coals with yesterday's newspaper?  There is smoke everywhere and the sight, and smell I guess, of semi-obese semi-headscarved Iranian women shoving each other and cutting into the line!   Dress up for the kebab-khaneh ******...I guess that member like his Tom Ford suits nicely scented with burning meat and smoke!

I then attempted to strike up a conversation with him about the intricacies of a perfectly cut bargh..and what constitutes perfectly-cooked bargh...and what secrets make a perfectly grilled bargh more succulent that the finest chateaubriand aux oignons at a michelin cinq-étoiles french restaurant....and he was, like, "wtf are you going on about?" at me like I was speaking Greek!

MC...they are all riffraff over there!

Pfff whenever I go to a kebab shop after a night out I always put on a RLPL suit, only peasants don't. When the sweaty turkish man hands me my chips and misc meat in a styrofoam package covered in ketchup he respects me and realises I am a gentleman. This often results in them not charging me 50p for napkins.

Doesn't scott schuman where fairly standard SF 2009/10 SW&D clothes? Peacoat, APCs, redwings?

Last edited:

Miran2

Reaction score
Pfff whenever I go to a kebab shop after a night out I always put on a RLPL suit, only peasants don't. When the sweaty turkish man hands me my chips and misc meat in a styrofoam package covered in ketchup he respects me and realises I am a gentleman. This often results in them not charging me 50p for napkins.
Doesn't scott schuman where fairly standard SF 2009/10 SW&D clothes? Peacoat, APCs, redwings?

Hahhahaha...actually, in London, there was a Turkish döner place...and whenever you went in there late at night, there would always be groups of 4 or more Turkish "goombas"...wearing what you could tell were Armani Collezioni suits over T-shirts..with chains (similar to Mr Moo)...slicked back hair...Church's shoes....sitting slouched in the chairs, pretending like they owned the universe...sometimes with cigars, sometimes with a giant sheesha on the table...it would look so silly, always cracked me up...I think a lot of the importers of Italian clothing in the UK are Turkish, and the rejected clothes are sold at a discount to these people...

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Randomkoreandude, I like bulgogi a lot too...when it's already cooked...such a nice combination of sweet and meaty!  I guess that's the Korean pear in there...

I don't like those "grill it up yourself at your table!" korean places...although they can be fun if there's enough soju.

:wow:
:fistbump:

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, I bought some lame basics at the gap today. They have all this really soft viscose/rayon/cashmere **** for women, sized up and bought a tee and sweater for lounging in. It's all drapey, like ro or silent for plebes I guess.

Yes, I thought about doing this with some j crew womens stuff a few years ago. I am too muscle to do now though. :embar:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahhahaha...actually, in London, there was a Turkish döner place...and whenever you went in there late at night, there would always be groups of 4 or more Turkish "goombas"...wearing what you could tell were Armani Collezioni suits over T-shirts..with chains (similar to Mr Moo)...slicked back hair...Church's shoes....sitting slouched in the chairs, pretending like they owned the universe...sometimes with cigars, sometimes with a giant sheesha on the table...it would look so silly, always cracked me up...I think a lot of the importers of Italian clothing in the UK are Turkish, and the rejected clothes are sold at a discount to these people...

Those days when I was 15 going to sheesha bars convincing myself it was worth 5 quid to sit around blowing weirdly flavoured smoke because most proper bars wouldn't serve me. Always made sure to get dressed up for it of course, jacket and tie at the minimum. Turkish and arab, gucci polo shirt in da club, blacked out sunglasses, slicked back hair, square toe loafer, bottle service and a bag of rohypnol miring dem white girls.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Various looks I've been liking lately.

marniss11a.png

d0120442_1950339.jpg

balmain2012fw15.jpg

acne-pre-spring-summer-1.jpg

3672__620x600_011-comme-des-garcons-homme-spring-summer-2012.jpg

300x450px-LL-081cb040_2012-01-21-19-30-34-damir-doma-1517-1.jpg

00360big1.jpg

00070m.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You´s crazy!  Buying clothes gives you a great warm feeling inside, specially when doing it online. The expectation and the eagerness while waiting for the package to arrive, and once it does, you open it, try it on and then you wanna buy more **** again.

I don't know, man. Buying clothes online has been a major hassle for me lately- terrible experience with Inventory, the Inverallan group order still isn't wrapped up... Maybe it's also because I've been able to spend a lot more time doing things like skiing with my daughter, yurt trips with friends, hiking with my dog... Buying clothes doesn't do much for me anymore. I'll still keep wearing them, though ;)

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
jesus **** my eye christ anyone who has not been keeping up with sz's waywt needs to do so immediately, rosenrot is ******* killing it like nothing else

hope she doesn't mind, but these are absofuckinglutely incredible:

Margiela-leather-pants-2.jpg

DIY-skirt-2.jpg

also love this:
Screenshot2012-03-15at75025AM.png

PICT0041756bvu56vgye45zd33.jpg

and finally, I want to straight copy this look minus the shoes (and hat):

MMM10.jpg

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
You can't do all that Margiela without some white boots etc

Come down to S.Fl with that and you can be Manolo

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't speak dutch, dude, but i would do naughty things for a pair of the white perf side zips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads