• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It still looks horrible, why, because nothing fits, and the basis of all style is that the clothing fits.

Sweet mother of mercy. I don't dwell over in MC. Someone please tell me this guy is an outlier with regards to thinking that style = clothes that fit.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I've had meetup dinner with a few MC posters. Would do it again.

indeed. well in the books, anyway. there are plenty i enjoy having discussions with, plenty that are well-versed in style, fabrics (very important!), fit, etc. some have authored books on the mater (though amazon rating didn't fare too well there) , and otherwise quite successful/intelligent people. as someone pointed out, the drones are unfortunately louder (not unlike the plethora to be found in SWD recommending geller/slimming/gats/denim) especially now that many folks have gone on to other SFrealms. and so I just saw an opportunity to be a bit naught, as it were :devil:

Last edited:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

Wow!

Three to four casual fits in a row, and none requiring a pair of dungarees. In fact, a whole page of posts without a pair of blue jeans in view.

That was pretty sweet.

Hopefully, the world view of casual dress will head in the same direction and away from attire that would otherwise be suitable for doing garden work, painting the boat's bottom, or splitting a cord or two of firewood despite the presence of a sport coat or odd jacket..
i can't take this

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Guys, I bought some lame basics at the gap today. They have all this really soft viscose/rayon/cashmere **** for women, sized up and bought a tee and sweater for lounging in. It's all drapey, like ro or silent for plebes I guess.

Hey guys, I shop at the Gap, but not really!

It's OK...

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i would like to wear this raf suit
49122725gu_12_f.jpg
lol Miran made his way to MC
Quote:
Hello there...I don't usually post in this neck of SF...but somebody mentioned this over in the Random Fashion Thoughts thread in SW&D, suggesting between the lines I check your post out...
Were you in the Maldives? I'm pretty sure you're not in the Maldives now, because 1/2 of the internet is banned in the Maldives, and I'm pretty sure SF is included. Regardless, I was there in 2004, in August, for a 3-week holiday. We were at Baa Atoll and Addu Atoll...it was very nice...
and now descriptive, floral language = pretentious over in MC :lol:

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This gentleman captures what I find to be most interesting in menswear right now: quilted nylon, shorts over leggings, full volume outerwear, layering and dark yet rich color palettes.

This look scares me but inspires me, which is the best you can ask for in a look. I’ve gone back to this picture several times trying to figure out which elements would work best for me, and the answer that keeps coming up is: basically all of them.

I don’t know if I’m brave enough to wear shorts over tights in a ‘day wear’ setting, though I already do when I’m exercising…so maybe this picture will make me re-examine what I wear to the gym.

Today’s photograph and the photograph from yesterday will, I think, be the two images this season that will have the most long-lasting influence over (at least) my style for the next year or so.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I have no good words for this, so I refrain from commentary. It is stifling any modicum of creativity I might possess. I will add that the man of war has befriended the fellow on the right, and quite proudly so.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
scott needs to shut up and stay behind the lens, he looks worse in clothes than i do

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is like 5'3" so he's never gonna look particularly good no matter what he wears.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah I'm not talking about his height specifically, I'm talking about him as a whole unit and how he presents himself

Miran2

Reaction score
lol Miran made his way to MC
and now descriptive, floral language = pretentious over in MC
lol8[1].gif

Yes, KingJulien mentioned that poster...and I checked out that post...

That member is a nutjob! Total freakazoid! He thinks kebab-khanehs are high-class establishments to dress up for! What the **** is high-class about a sweaty guy in a white T-shirt fanning hot coals with yesterday's newspaper? There is smoke everywhere and the sight, and smell I guess, of semi-obese semi-headscarved Iranian women shoving each other and cutting into the line! Dress up for the kebab-khaneh ******...I guess that member like his Tom Ford suits nicely scented with burning meat and smoke!

I then attempted to strike up a conversation with him about the intricacies of a perfectly cut bargh..and what constitutes perfectly-cooked bargh...and what secrets make a perfectly grilled bargh more succulent that the finest chateaubriand aux oignons at a michelin cinq-étoiles french restaurant....and he was, like, "wtf are you going on about?" at me like I was speaking Greek!

MC...they are all riffraff over there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads