• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped the Visvim varsity off at a world renowned cleaner/reweaver that has accounts such as Prada, Barneys, Neimans etc and the guy didn't seem to think the dirt/yellow spots were a big deal. Much cheaper than I expected, but it'll take about 2 week turn around time
frown.gif
Will namedrop the company later if they do a good job!

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Usps re: the Inventory order that is taking long. They told me it is the shipper duty to start the inquiry with Canada post, not my duty to start one with them.

rustyshack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I'm literally incapable of wearing Tee's, I have to have a collar around my neck or else I feel naked and insecure, **** tees. (0)
The only time I can wear tees are with sweaters and even then it takes some restraint to not have a collar.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BB1

I kinda agree man, people like comfort in what they wear.

I gotta kop some more dope T's, eyeing some passarella death squad.

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kvc06
Spoke with Usps re: the Inventory order that is taking long. They told me it is the shipper duty to start the inquiry with Canada post, not my duty to start one with them.

Dude that ******* sucks.

Really hope this turns out well for you.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My trickers arrived, ******* sick.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
@BB1

I kinda agree man, people like comfort in what they wear.

I gotta kop some more dope T's, eyeing some passarella death squad.

Yeah man I need some more fuckin' Passarella!

They're awesome to wear while partying because, as previously stated, they're dope, comfy, and I don't worry about messing it up while clubbing or something. It's just way more fun to be wearing a graphic tee of sorts when you're out getting fucked up.

Do you know anywhere to buy online shipped to Canada/USA? I copped at a store in Toronto called Serpentine, thinking about firing the owner an e-mail and asking him if they still have them. If the guys are willing to ship em out and have stock left, I'll let you guys know. They were retailing at $125, but were 60% off when I was there.

Internet says Seven NYC seems to have a couple in stock, $95 a pop, but shipping to Canada requires a $150 purchase :<

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Should have gone to the BSS show tonight
frown.gif

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Should have gone to the BSS show tonight
frown.gif

So I missed the free BSS show in Toronto two summers ago.

I get into work the next week, and my friend was like "I tried phoning you this weekend but your phone was off. Did you make it to the concert?" and I was like "OH **** I FORGOT, HOW WAS IT?" and he was like "Oh my god, we snuck backstage and went to a bar with FEIST."

and I was like lasdfhoaiushfladfsfasdhfliughweiouatpqiruypweotihxkcmvkbz
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
My trickers arrived, ******* sick.
which ones did you kop? I want to buy some sort of city brogues that would work in not so dressy way but I can't decide between Grenson, Loake and C&J. Trickers are great but a bit out of my price range. I will wait what will the new Albam-Grenson colabo look like and then decide. Still not sure though, **** I don't want to end up with Clarks
ffffuuuu.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scooba
Shipping cost from Ssense would be $12 for 1 pair of jeans? Wtf?

uhh its from canada? US shipping with UPS ground it would be like $12... 1lb is $5 by USPS priority but 2lbs is up to $10 depending on location (they probably charge the max just to be safe) and they probably insure

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My hair is like a 5.8 on the Synthese scale and yet, I've gotten numerous jabs about it since I got it cleaned up last week. I put off some co-workers from hanging out (because I don't wanna) and gave the generic excuse that I have stuff to do. One of the women replied, &quot;I get the feeling you spend a lot of time primping your hair.&quot;

Tonight, some girl compared me to Elvis (circa Jailhouse Rock, not scrambled eggs, croak on a toilet Elvis, motherfuckers) because of my &quot;swooping&quot; hair and slightly popped jacket collar (unintentional).

I take it all in stride, since I like the style, but it's funny how polarizing it is, especially given its relatively tame nature to some of the more grown out iterations of it I've seen.

edit: also I had a lot of gin tonight, so forgive me if my tenses are fucked up here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads