• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farraj18
Wrong thread? Chelski is overrated anyways... Gooners is where it has always been at.

When was the last time Arse won the double? Blue is the colour . . .

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
throw arsene a billionaire's war chest and we'll do wonders. until then, the man with a masters in electrical engineering is treating it like an economist rather than a venture capitalist. i really hope russia nationalizes the oil industry

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i was looking to get that cropped trench when i saw in store, then people put up fits and i saw more pics and the cut put me off. guess it's a short mmm then

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
nah his pic just reminded half the people in it are out/gone :p that's what i'm talking about man
fistbump.gif
ps chamakh has a huge vertical he can prob get headers better than worthless danish delight pps henry still got it vs those dirty hotspurs
wink.gif
random fashion .... the new away kit is hideous, urine yellow and fecal brown aright gotta stop in this thread

Who needs a team when you have Lampard?

Jack Trick

Reaction score
Some guys' raw denim is worn through with dirt and sweat from camping, climbing, and a general hard life.

Mine are covered in flour and food dye.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Design aside, is RO good quality or not? I am starting to have serious doubts. I've only worn my DRKSHDW jeans 3 times and the following problems have developed:

1. Hole in the butt where the rear pocket attaches. The excessive amount of reinforced stitching appears to have caused the fabric to become weak and just tear apart.

2. Hole in the leg where the leg dart begins. Again, it appears the excessive stitching has weakened the fabric.

3. The leg darts appear to be coming apart.

I recall kunk saying the the darts often tear out on RO jeans, so perhaps my experience is not unique. Fortunately I didn't pay much for the DRKSHDW jeans. Makes me very hesitant to pay full price for RO anything. Made in Italy clearly doesn't mean ****.

This discussion has been had many many times, Fok just recently made a post about this. Quality and durability are not the same thing...and really, most designer ****, even the super nice luxe **** we all beast over, is more fragile than mass market clothing. The leg darts on my DRKSHDWs have also started to come open, though I have no holes or abrasions on mine. RO to me has always seemed suspect to this kind of stuff; like Fok [roughly] said in his post, what your paying is basically a wearable art piece, and that's pretty much how stuff generally functions.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
so did miami. not sure how much mens RTW they'll have as barneys and bergdorf already have large selections?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Vegas got a Lanvin before NY, nice!

Well if LA Guy is right about Guidos in Europe being a big market for Lanvin, then Vegas is the place to be in the US.

Edit:

Originally Posted by shahanshah
so did miami. not sure how much mens RTW they'll have as barneys and bergdorf already have large selections?

And Miami, too.
lol8[1].gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
This discussion has been had many many times, Fok just recently made a post about this. Quality and durability are not the same thing...and really, most designer ****, even the super nice luxe **** we all beast over, is more fragile than mass market clothing. The leg darts on my DRKSHDWs have also started to come open, though I have no holes or abrasions on mine. RO to me has always seemed suspect to this kind of stuff; like Fok [roughly] said in his post, what your paying is basically a wearable art piece, and that's pretty much how stuff generally functions.

Yeah but it's still fair enough to check that there's decent durability. you do have to wear it, after all.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
SW&D is like revenge of the plebs today, need some new baller threads to drown out the crap.

Will post pictures of $1500 runway sweater tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads