• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
SW&D philosophers, your input is needed

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=145722

Input..? Philosophers? Back to MC you go.
sly.gif

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I liked the NYT moment blog's post about what designers wear at their own shows. They want to highlight the difference between what dudes achieve on the runway and their schlubby selves.

Can't really see Ervell unfortunately but it seems like he could potentially look good. He's wearing his own stuff? Geller's denim shirt sort of intrigues me. But yeah, most of these fits would be slammed in any WAYWT. It's not the perfect fitting shirt/jeans!

Yohji on the other hand looks consistently sharp during most/all his shows.

heyheyhey

Reaction score
I realise today while shopping for new t shirts, I still don't get colour. Maybe I'm screwed in the brain, but how do colour wheels and colour matching principles work?

For instance, blue jeans. Is wearing a blue t shirt too matchy? Is wearing a red T too contrasty (sp)? Or am I over thinking this, and should I just buy the colours I like (therefore the colours I'll feel most comfortable in)?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I've seen pics of ervell looking sharp before. Dries and mcquen look terribly dressed, shape, posture, etc.... Dries makes some pretty clothes though but damn does he look like ****. I remember alexander plokhov looking pretty lame too clothing wise (not to mention he's an ugly man). I've seen geller look better. Looks like he lost weight but usually looks ragged even back when he was with cloak. Def agree on yohji looking great. Raf does a solid job as well. I'd **** branquinho. I'll post some more candid photos are nice to see
5333_758625531227_3600728_43854233_929699_n.jpg
Y+3+Autumn+Winter+2009+10+Show+MBFW+Front+bYiZvGjC4Ggl.jpg
vb1.jpeg
others: plokhov
Alexandre_Plokhov.jpg
lots of people from the new menswear designer award thing (geller, shipley and halmos, andre 3000, rogues gallery guy, save khaki guy and yigal azrouel
gq2.jpg
another big group shot of people from the new designer award thing
1group.jpg
ervell
img_1652.jpg
http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fil...5215969700.jpg Personally, i think we can have an entire thread devoted to creepy pictures of plokhov (which is all of them)

heyheyhey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
dark jeans are a neutral

So wear whatever colours I like?

But then how do shoes come into the equation? I presume they matter.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The two VÃ
00a9.png
ronique (Branquinho and Nichanian), always look great.

Both of them are my sugar mamas.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plokhov looks like he should be in some hole-in-the-wall joint serving pelmeni to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads