1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

2. asobu

asobu Senior member

I'm conditioned beyond fucking help now, always like "oh $800 for this is not so bad because it cost $2500 retail". Slippery slope. And the yen is killing me. Fuck.

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm conditioned beyond fucking help now, always like "oh $800 for this is not so bad because it cost $2500 retail". Slippery slope. And the yen is killing me. Fuck.

Walked in the tailor's shop with 2 shirts to get darts put in. Thought about getting a cheaper set of Korean fabric for a suit. Walked out with a down payment on Italian fabric and a fitting for the end of this week. "Oh it's not so bad, I got a deal and the tailor said I'm breakin his balls." At least it'll look good...

4. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

who started calling it "conditioning"... sounds really dumb

id like to think that like heroin addicts, the more time we invest looking at clothes the more we can appreciate them, ie we build up fashion appreciation 'capital"

see:

Gary Becker and George J. Stigler (1977). "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum". The American Economic Review 67(2): pp. 76–90

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

umhaha84 did one in that combo. looks really nice.

yeah, saw his. looks really nice from what little you can tell in the pic. i can't effing decide between that combo or just all black leather lamb.

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

7. bows1

bows1 Senior member

What a slaughter.

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Good pics from Pitti S/S 2011 on Tres Bien Shop's blog.

[​IMG]
    At Engineered Garments booth

[​IMG]
    Post Overalls shorts

[​IMG]
    The no unrolled pants club frowns at Ryan from Yuketen

[​IMG]
    Monocle editor taking it to the next level

[​IMG]

9. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

That makes me like EG a lot more. Nigel Carbourn looks dope as hell, bet Zissou is foaming. [​IMG]

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

HAHAHAHA I wished it would be 10 - 0 DPRK but I'll take 7 - 0

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I haven't bought clothing for a few weeks...

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

HAHAHAHA I wished it would be 10 - 0 DPRK but I'll take 7 - 0

it wouldve been had they played for 5 more minutes. what a clinic.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I made my avatar a picture of myself. Now everyone can enjoy my beauty even when I'm not posting fits.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

so i pretty much gave up my search for cheap slim trousers, but i just recently moved to wales, and the first shop i walk into, bam, cheap slim fit trousers. its so weird going into a shop and having things fit me. hell, some things were even too small for me. this was unheard of in america.

15. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

I made my avatar a picture of myself. Now everyone can enjoy my beauty even when I'm not posting fits.

You always remind me of a mix between Bill Kaulitz and Rüdiger von Schlotterstein ( Engl.: Rudolph Sackville-Bagg ) of the children's fantasy series 'The Little Vampire', which was - isn't it ironic ? - a German/Canadian co-production. (-1)

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

17. Eason

Eason Senior member

You always remind me of a mix between Bill Kaulitz and Rüdiger von Schlotterstein ( Engl.: Rudolph Sackville-Bagg ) of the children's fantasy series 'The Little Vampire', which was - isn't it ironic ? - a German/Canadian co-production. (-1)

I can't peg exactly what kind of poster you are, you're very interesting.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Layer, man. You can get a number of more stylish thinner puffer vests, to go under a heavy wool coat. That + a beanie + regular winter clothes for indooors + heat tech + heat tech socks and some boots and you should be more than fine.
    Base layer is crucial. I need to find something that works and is comfortable, probably only take the stuff off to change into a different set of it.

I've already started setting up for F/W 2010-2011 and it's going to be a hell of a lot more reserved than what I'm wearing this summer, I can already tell that for sure. Looking at a couple more SNS knits, most likely, a pair of boots (something like W+HxDayton, maybe by NDC), and some bottoms. When I'm not wearing suits and ties, anyway.

Yeah you've been talking about the winter line for a bit now, and assuming your pricing strategy doesn't massively change I am looking forward to that coming around at the same time, fortuitously, as I have financial legs under me to buy as much of it as I like. Are you considering getting into making pants or anything like that? Jeans are easy but it's kinda tough finding other stuff.

19. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

I am going to start gradually selling everything I own that is not Comme or Junya. Fall winter is going to be good for me this year, ALSO I can not find good boots for my concepts and it is killing me.

I need a vibram soled suede cap toe esque boot, could do wing tip too, any advice?

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.