• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"See it, smell it, but recoil from its iron maiden touch... for the skin of the shark is more dangerous than its bite."

I mean, I guess, since the sharks he's talking about (basking sharks) are filter feeders and have useless teeth

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the du just wants his crown back.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know how big Number (N)ine-glasses are?
I have a pretty small head (current glasses are 13-14 cm wide) but can't find any measurements for the pair I'm looking at

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone recommend me a good blanket that I can bring to traveling? The ones I have at home are suited for late night binge-netflixing, not for a weekend at a lakeside.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hate this sort of ****. from shuitsang's tumblr

Please ignore my bad English, but I’ve been talking to a few people and decided that this story is better publish on tumblr.

Okay.. If any of you recalled this guy in the photo, chances are you’ve probably been to a shop called Serpentine in Toronto. Now, if you knew me in real life.. you would probably knew that I am strongly against this shop.. I am against them not for their price, but their attitude. I’ve heard numerous stories from many of my friend saying the exact same thing: “Man.. they treat their customers like ****.” For so long, I thought that was just me who’s feeling that..

The other day, I walked past their shop taking photos. I look at their mirrors display and think: “May be they’ve improved now, may be they learned to take better care of their customers.. I should give them a second chances..” I walked in.

As I stepped in the shop, the two usual guys are there. One hispanic, one with darker skin (picture). I walked around and stopped at the jewelry tables. While I was looking around, I noticed one of the shoes on the cashier counter that I really like. So I asked them: “Ah, you guys bring in the drips now?”

The black guy walk to the tables, keeping the shoes to the dust-bag and response:

”No, but even if we did- do you think you can really afford them? This shoe cost is $4000.”

He literally look down at me and start laughing to the other white guys sitting at the front.

I stood there, nodding. After he finished laughing, I asked him if the shoes value is really $4000? (The reasons to that is because I recalled precisely that the market/classified value for that piece $1700~ maximum $2000..)

The black guy then responded “pfff! what, do you see that guy sitting in front of the shop? (pointing toward the white guy) He got 4 pairs of them. It’s not $1700.” He said it with confident.

I kept my mouth shut, as I find no more reasons of arguing with this guy. It’s pointless. There are more to the stories but I won’t even bother writing it down as they are equivalently rude.

Before I stepped out of their shop, I hand the jewelry I tried on to the black employee: “Thank you, but I am sorry, I don’t think I can afford it. I might really be too poor for your shop.”

The black guys then laugh, responding:
“If you’re poor then why you tried them on in the first place?!!”

I responded:

“I am poor, but only just to your shop.”

I stepped out with no thought of returning ever again.

____

As I stepped off from the shop, for the first time- I actually felt sad for Toronto.

- I am pity, that this is the ONLY shop that is carrying many of the brands that many people do really appreciated. Brand protection seems to backfire here.

- I fear, for some other customers that might have walk into the shop and being treated the same way I did. It’s embarrassing. It might be funny from whatever point the black guy found, but it’s really inconsiderate. After all, his action doesn’t reflect how much money I have in my pocket, but how insensitive he is to the others.

- I am sad, that THIS kind of people still exist. I’ve tried my best to look and understand him from the employee/employer side as he might have had a bad customers before me. But still, this doesn’t change the fact that this sort of behavior is truly unnecessary. Worst thing is, this black guys doesn’t seems to be an employee of the store, but a shared owner. So he is actually hurting a reputation of a shop that he did not entirely own. I felt bad for the white guys who work with him. He is an okay guy and shouldn’t take a fall for whatever his partner said or done to a customers.

Since when.. is the amount of the items someone own become a measure to the correctness/knowledge of a brand? This is elitism at it’s finest. It is this type of person that degrade the purposes of stealth fashion entirely..

Enough with the rant, I hope you all Torontonian followers that follow my blog take this story into consideration, and please try your best to avoid supporting this type of shops with this sort of services. If they have time to look down to you rather than helping you out, then they surely doesn’t deserve your precious money. Support a shop that treat you as a customers, and a friend. That way, you’ll get something back other than the item you’ve purchased..

Spread it around, so Toronto people know what’s going on. I am not doing this, out of anger, or vengeance. I did this, so people wouldn’t have to deal with this ridiculous incident like me. Eventually, I hope one day, this messages find it’s way to the persons who made me write this post up. I am not asking him for his apologies because I don’t need it. Not from the likes of him.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
clearly the only appropriate response is to look that man in the eyes and say, "your mom costs $4000"

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

hate this sort of ****. from shuitsang's tumblr

I've never been to this store, but I've definitely heard similar stories in the past. It's always tough to reconcile guys like this with something like streetwear clothing, where it's often about backlash to status obsessed dick heads. Reminds me too much of the dudes in school that used to give me **** for wearing skinny jeans and are now wearing skirts and balmain biker pants.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads