• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in an allsaints store and somebody thought I worked there. I can't decide if this is good or bad but I am leaning towards bad.

Psh, I was in a Payless shoe store and someone asked me if I worked there.

Rompson

Reaction score

I was in an allsaints store and somebody thought I worked there. I can't decide if this is good or bad but I am leaning towards bad.

Of all the stores where you could be mistaken as a sales associate, allsaints is probably the best. The only ones i've ever gotten were the gap and j.crew. :confused:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 44 Snow Smock fits me nicely My style journey is over

thank-you-based-god-obama-e1304476061569.jpg

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people have often mistaken me for an employee in supermarkets, even when wearing a suit. Not good

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What Rompson said.

Also, considering the fits you've posted I'm kinda confused how someone would mistake you for an allsaints employee... you don't remotely dress like the SA's (at least the guys at the one in my city).

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whoever it was who wanted buy a new camera, check out the canon s110, great value for the price and portability, or add another 200 and get the sony rx100 which is even better (groundbreaking, I know)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we're all sharing, I have been mistaken for a Nordstrom Rack associate once. It felt good.

This was also 6 years ago when I actually walked into a store. Now everything is done online . . .:uhoh:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked this before regarding cameras with no response but what is a good tripod for the Canon s90?
Assuming this is just for waywts, you don't really need a good tripod, just go with the cheapest, but if you're going to be using it for taking portraits/long exposures/whatever other proper photographs, you can never go wrong with a manfrotto, but they are pretty expensive.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, can anyone help me point out some influences of eastern/Asian cultures affecting haute cultures and styles. How does this reflect culture etc?
Which designers are like that or can anyone point me out to a good place to look? Much thanks, i hope to make a presentation out of this. I am interested but because I am short on time, am hoping that someone can show me in the general direction. :)

SIKI IM!!!
I forgot where I read this, maybe the high fashion thread or a magazine I've got but he often likes to blend east with west. Mixing kurtas and blazers, he tweaks the silhouettes and comes up with something very different. He's got white boys wearing kurtas! :laugh:

Last edited:

djt00

Reaction score
Allsaints is pretty overpriced fast fashion chain. I used to wear AS oxfords, because fit worked for me. Plastic buttons, poor tailoring and materials. Don't buy it, unless you really like fit and design. :) COS and Uniqlo are definitely better choices.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

SIKI IM!!!
I forgot where I read this, maybe the high fashion thread or a magazine I've got but he often likes to blend east with west. Mixing kurtas and blazers, he tweaks the silhouettes and comes up with something very different. He's got white boys wearing kurtas! :laugh:

there's one year of mcqueen where he used a lot of japanese influences... think it was ss08?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I actually was a Barneys employee I was frequently mistaken for a hapless customer.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Kanye wearing your shoes or pants or jacket one night out will get you more exposure than most forms of conventional advertising will.

edit: to elaborate, a single Justin Bieber tweet is estimated to be worth $10 mil in conventional advertising. Kanye has a bit less than a third of the followers bieber does, but that's still the equivalent of between 2 and 3 million in normal ad dollars... and you can bet those same people are looking at celebrity pictures on twitter, tumblr, People, etc. If they're just giving him a $500 pair of shoes and not even paying him to wear them, you can bet they're making their money back many times over in sales.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads