• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
gdl - i saw the rick blazer you were discussing before. it's rather quite different the fabric on it is very 'raw' and done in a way i've not seen before from rick (very possible he's done it i just don't pay that much attention). now i'm not suggesting it's worth the retail or that it's really a great jacket etc but the cut and esp the fabric stood out. i still wouldn't buy personally ...

DSM is a fantastic place, so is Layers, but Yohji store in london was like an amusement park worth of fun :D

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the RO - clearly, people who have seen it in person think it's a great or distinctive piece. Looking at the pic orginally posted (and then at fit pics online), it seemed generic and, if not generic, looked like Prada circa 2002 with the shiny fabric etc... but I guess it isn't anything like that IRL

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of SW&Dish blazers, I've started to become a fan of Calvin Klein Collection. At least half canvassed, fabric's not bad, nice cut. And can be found for cheap on places like Gilt + Yoox

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think those look pretty vile, but still comparable to what you see on the shelves of fitness stores I guess.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I stand corrected on the RO - clearly, people who have seen it in person think it's a great or distinctive piece. Looking at the pic orginally posted (and then at fit pics online), it seemed generic and, if not generic, looked like Prada circa 2002 with the shiny fabric etc... but I guess it isn't anything like that IRL

His tennis shoes are also well-constructed, lasting five, six, seven wears, even.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i tried on the ann sneakers, they are quite comfy and nice, but the holes are a bit awkward (esp with colorful socks :embar: )

DSAnO.jpg

cZx9K.jpg

GtzUf.jpg

FTFu2.jpg

deuVc.jpg

CDG black is not as bad as i imagined, tho not sure i'd buy any of it. i think this was a boiled polyester dbl breasted vest (sleeveless jacket?)

HXeyM.jpg

QgZgU.jpg

also the last ann hat left !

Vivgm.jpg

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

shah I do not like those ann shoes on you. converse look better.

yeah this is the decision i've come to as well, glad i got to try them. speaking of trying stuff, i become like a kid in a candy store
so i'll get the yohji sneakers instead :devil:

x-posted
tried on so much yohij
tried to get the product codes to help build the database
ikgt6.jpg

FmDrn.jpg

uf5gC.jpg

RbuCeh.jpg

g0d1l.jpg

1OB17.jpg

Is2Rih.jpg

dOlwwh.jpg

dOlwwh.jpg

QbJuy.jpg

k9MuJh.jpg

iQ2ko.jpg

CC6Xo.jpg

ZGW9Uh.jpg

IAofb.jpg

jEQLK.jpg

RFWLSh.jpg

XHuXB.jpg

wUiaF.jpg

HpyEA.jpg

RbWvB.jpg

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
# 2 looks best on you IMO

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Speaking of SW&Dish blazers, I've started to become a fan of Calvin Klein Collection. At least half canvassed, fabric's not bad, nice cut. And can be found for cheap on places like Gilt + Yoox

+1 Italo Zuccheli makes a nice minimalist suit. The mid 2000s collections were quite cool.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol boiled polyester, what a crock

Is it wrong to cheap out on T-shirts? I find I spend the majority of my $ on sneakers/outerwear but I really cheap out when it comes to tees -_-

I wear 2 dollar hanes tee's with seven hundred dollar bombers and five hundred dollar sneakers

I wear 6 dollar uniqlo tees with four thousand dollar bombers and seven hundred dollar hightops.

Funny, the same conversation is going on in WAYWT:

I'm cheap. :embar:

I think it's smart mixing high and low end. I wouldn't buy a $300 t shirt just to complete a designer look from head to toe. It makes sense to invest in key pieces and be economical with basic pieces

Not only do all women everywhere agree, but so does Alexander McQueen, I was just reading...

(Or *did*, I should say :embar: )

That said, for myself, re ^, Alexander McQueen made both of the only two t-shirts I've ever spent $300 on.

(For the record, neither involves a skull and neither says Alexander McQueen anywhere.)

In general I wear cheap solid tees from H&M that cost $7.95. Wear em, wash em, ruin em, lose em, who gives a **** when they're eight bucks.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they wear expensive t-shirts exclusively, but if I did I would be bewildered.

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty happy with Brooks Brothers lately. They've done two things to make shopping there a much nicer experience.

First, they have made ordering from the catalog through a store a much easier experience. I have had experiences before where I wanted something that was in the catalog but not available at a store and the folks at the store weren't able to order it for me.

Second, they have made so that if you see a shirt that is available in one pattern (say traditional fit) it is now available in all fits (including extra slim fit). This is nice since most stores have a pretty bad selection of extra slim fit shirts. So now you can cruise the store, find the shirt that works for you and they can order it through the catalog and have it sent to your house for no extra charge.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
one of the best combos is Dom Perignon + mini corndog (or any salty, trashy snack). It's all about mixing high and low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads