• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I'm on a roll buying non-Yohji things for the first time in forever, recommend me good leather gloves. Warm ones, preferably shearling lined or similar. Need brand suggestions mainly, I'm completely clueless. :embar:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

fungz0r

Reaction score
Opinions on Krane emory bomber vs Veilance insulated shell? Looking to get a winter jacket and those are the two I've tried on and if I had the funds, I'd get both of them.

Biggen

Reaction score

That nn was a tank.
They're sargents guys, quite possibly the perfect boot for me (non-carpe, margiela). Fok they are a split leather/dainite sole with storm welt.
I got a thing for pebble grain too reedo (though it has to be done right), I think me and you are the only ones on the forum lulz.

Love pebble grain.

Alfred Sargent also have the boot with commando sole, very tempting

Last edited:

dwyhajlo

Reaction score

Now that I'm on a roll buying non-Yohji things for the first time in forever, recommend me good leather gloves. Warm ones, preferably shearling lined or similar. Need brand suggestions mainly, I'm completely clueless. :embar:

I went with Chester Jeffries, mostly just because they have a lot of options available, and you can customize what you want to some extent.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what?no.why?
what brands are you looking at (non gloves)
these e.tautz gloves are an awesome colour http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/accessor...leather-cashmere-lined-gloves/invt/eta1021bur

Ah, don't worry, it's just for a few complementary items, haha. Picked up an FS scarf and pair of Docs, need to get ready for winter and there's no point in limiting myself to Yohji when it comes to gloves anyway (plus I can't find any). Those are very nice but more than I'm prepared to pay unfortunately. Need more brand recommendations so I can search ebay and yoox for good deals, I don't even know what to serch for.

I went with Chester Jeffries, mostly just because they have a lot of options available, and you can customize what you want to some extent.

thanks, will look into it.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That is you in 40 years.

I hope so :satisfied:

x5pXg.png

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^those sargent's are pretty nice, i also need boots with a commando sole. Will look into those as well, but mainly on the hunt for monkey boots. Trickers did a nice moneky boot w/ commando sole but they seem impossible to find?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

shoulda bought the one I was selling and wear it oversized, berry berry rare

Kinda wish I'd gotten on that, since it would've been regular-sized on me. I love random SF-hyped items. (0)

just got my first BOO shirt today. quality is decent, but the fit is amazing. i now understand the ongoing hype.

I'll still take Gant Rugger + $15 tailoring job. They don't all have MoP buttons, but some of the cuts have higher armholes for a slimmer fit that works better on me than BoO. Also the perfect length for wearing untucked, whereas BoO shirts are almost simultaneously too long (in the front) and too short (on the sides).

Also, I wish Uniqlo would get its act together and start making T-000s with a button fly.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, don't worry, it's just for a few complementary items, haha. Picked up an FS scarf and pair of Docs, need to get ready for winter and there's no point in limiting myself to Yohji when it comes to gloves anyway (plus I can't find any). Those are very nice but more than I'm prepared to pay unfortunately. Need more brand recommendations so I can search ebay and yoox for good deals, I don't even know what to serch for.
thanks, will look into it.

nice, cant wait to see this. really like how gosurface mixes docs with ann!

^^those sargent's are pretty nice, i also need boots with a commando sole. Will look into those as well, but mainly on the hunt for monkey boots. Trickers did a nice moneky boot w/ commando sole but they seem impossible to find?

you prob saw/bought these docs: http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/footwear/dr-martens-mie-monkey-boot/invt/drm1001blk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads