Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

2. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

nice, cant wait to see this. really like how gosurface mixes docs with ann!

you prob saw/bought these docs: http://www.oki-ni.com/icat/footwear/dr-martens-mie-monkey-boot/invt/drm1001blk

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

3. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

just got an infraction form sufu :embar:
    apparently buy and sell does not work like ours. all must be in 1 thread, not multiple individual threads. woops.
    how long until it expires?

edit: also fok is much nicer than jimmy :inlove:

5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Shit, those Lanvins are nice. Don't know which I like better either. The Bottegas have the pebble grain (somehow a convo started up here about pebble grain) and are darker, so I think I'd go with those. But I wouldn't complain about either really.

Your point is exactly what I was getting at—that modernism and post-modernism get used a lot but people mean different things when they talk about them. I was going to argue that they're convenient terms, but when you dig into them you find that they're not particularly coherent. To respond to your points, Tradition and the Individual Talent is relevant because it's a Modernist essay that says you don't really break from the past, nor do you want to. I brought up Joyce because he borrows from the past as much as he breaks from it. Point I was making with both is that Modernism wasn't always trying to break from the past, so it doesn't make sense to define it in those terms (someone defined it as Modernists wanting to break from the past). And the point about Picasso wasn't obfuscation. As much as he broke from the immediate past in visual art, he ended up reusing an idea that already existed, just in a different context (supposedly on seeing Lascaux he said "We have invented nothing.") But I see your point on that one. He thought he was breaking from tradition and doing something totally new. Anyway, I'm leaving it at that, and saying this sort of thing is also why I didn't want to go into academia.

LOL. Never saw that. That's how a young boy should be raised!

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Ann Demeulemeester makes a lot of very light stripped tops (usually a cotton/cashmere mix) and that's what I'd get if I were you.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Dude, ever since they've moved to Japan blazers have been like $1600-200 and pants like $400-600. We're talking very average designer prices and the stuff is def well made. I mostly own old, made in USA, $5-6K a suit items but one of my blazers is from the new maker and it's not really inferior (well less work on the collar and it's made from simple cotton)...

BTW I'm a TB0 in every fucking jacket I have ever tried, no matter the material or season, so you guys are full of shit.

8. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

I like the doc monkey boots, but Graham fowler has the Trickers, albeit with a danite sole and not commando. All sizes though :)

http://grahamefowler.com/shop/item/men-s-trickers-s-black-monkey-lace-up-boot/

http://grahamefowler.com/shop/item/men-s-tricker-s-burgandy-waxy-monkey-boot/

9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

i too have noticed TB has significantly dropped in prices. I remember that the cardigan used to be 2000+ and was surprised to see retail at around 1000

10. Meis

Meis Senior member

wait what? People have multiple sale threads on SUFU all the time... I've see guys have 3+ FS threads going at once

11. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

12. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.