• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What stage of the SF Hype Cycle are nested spoilers currently in?

Hopefully the final because like most gags that catch on here, it stops being amusing several months before people finally let go of it.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
I'm around and I'm down to hang out. I met up with Kelv the other day and it was pretty rad to talk about all this **** in person. Also I was expecting more people to show when Mike from Epaulet was out here and did karaoke earlier this year, but apparently that's typical...

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

pretty sure double vent is favored

single vent is cheaper, formerly more american (double being more British, but now probably it doesn't indicate as much) and is really only truly embraced by the trad forum on AAAC
I thought single vent was more traditionally British, developed to fall properly over the saddle when riding (whereas ventless would bunch up and double-vent would leave a flap dangling behind you). I'm partial to double-vent, since you can put your hands in your pockets without bunching the fabric or opening the vent, but a double-vent seems to be the most difficult to get "right" in terms of the fit. Ventless would probably be the easiest to have tailored, though. I'm still not clear on the difference between double-vent and side-vent. And the only people who are going to judge you based on what kind of suit you're wearing during an interview are already posting on the MC side of the forum.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

I'm around and I'm down to hang out. I met up with Kelv the other day and it was pretty rad to talk about all this **** in person. Also I was expecting more people to show when Mike from Epaulet was out here and did karaoke earlier this year, but apparently that's typical...
Never seen you on the LA thread. That's usually the easiest way to get local attention.

_yoo

Reaction score
Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're just here for the evening. Not night. At some point tho I do want to meet lane. And everyone else. Need to go to NYC.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah. Yo, Mikey and Lane, if you guys hang out you have to take some pics. That would be one of the best meet-ups I could imagine.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Zola Jesus in Baltimore on Sat. I saw Lane last time I went to a show in DC but he didnt say hi. Jerk.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aw I was at the Black Cat two nights this week, but not tonight. Me and Lane, ships passing in the night

Was also at the Ottobar--sup Natan

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tween/bows/scott/pickpackpockpuck/willy/mellowfellow where u at?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aw I was at the Black Cat two nights this week, but not tonight. Me and Lane, ships passing in the night
Was also at the Ottobar--sup Natan

whatd you do at ottobar? you shouldve texted me.

BTW Pete (shoreman) is by far the nicest SFer Ive met in real life. Pretty wife too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads