• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fuuuuuuuuuuu don't you hate it when you're trying to save money and all of the sudden all of your grail pieces turn up at the same time? Some cruel cosmic joke

This is precisely why I don't browse Y! jp. lacollectioneuse isn't helping either.

Last edited:

stick

Reaction score
Any tips for shipping internationally? Gotta return some stuff to Tres Bien. FedEx wants over $100 to ship it back the same way TBS shipped it out, damn.

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use postal service...cheapest method with tracking. will take longer but shouldn't cost you a hunnerd bucks

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

use postal service...cheapest method with tracking. will take longer but shouldn't cost you a hunnerd bucks

To get international tracking, you'd need to send it Express, which is pricey.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

qw32m.png
:slayer:
pretty sure double vent is favored

single vent is cheaper, formerly more american (double being more British, but now probably it doesn't indicate as much) and is really only truly embraced by the trad forum on AAAC
Double vent is more on trend right now. Single vent for americans, hook single vent for srs trads, ventless for 80s italian, also weirdly old British. Wonder if ventless will come back.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Any tips for shipping internationally? Gotta return some stuff to Tres Bien. FedEx wants over $100 to ship it back the same way TBS shipped it out, damn.

Make sure you sign up online with fedex and pay for shipping there. I wanted to send jeans from the US to Canada. The fedex brick and mortar store quoted $90, online it was $18.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look swag as **** right now wearing my old glasses, baggy grey hoodie, wife beater, some rainbow coloured long johns, muji ankle socks and burgundy churchs house sippers. May post pics, this is some bernhard willheim runway ****.

jwkicks

Reaction score

To get international tracking, you'd need to send it Express, which is pricey.

Actually you can use Priority Mail International now and get tracking to "most destinations." As long as you don't use a flat rate envelope or small flat rate box.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What stage of the SF Hype Cycle are nested spoilers currently in?

Haha. I click through them every single time, too. *shakes fist*

EDIT: Also, can we punish anyone using the word sprezzatura? Seriously, people hear it once and they think they've stumbled onto the perfect description of every guy in a blazer on the ******* planet.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:slayer:
Double vent is more on trend right now. Single vent for americans, hook single vent for srs trads, ventless for 80s italian, also weirdly old British. Wonder if ventless will come back.

I like hook single vents, and also unvented. Maybe it's just the contrarian in me. Ventless is coming back in outerwear. In some things, like duffles and stadium coats, vents are latter day add ons anyway.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You guys suck, I'm pretty sure I'll be busy in march and SF is far from everywhere I might be. NYC would be ferpect.

It's a fairly cheap flight away. Take a trip to the west coast. You might even like it.

Besides, I've heard the SF restaurant scene is now kicking NYC's venerable old ass. NYC everything suffers from being too focused. SF can surprise, which, at least for me, is important.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a fairly cheap flight away. Take a trip to the west coast. You might even like it.
Besides, I've heard the SF restaurant scene is now kicking NYC's venerable old ass. NYC everything suffers from being too focused. SF can surprise, which, at least for me, is important.

It may be kicking Manhattan's old ass, but head out to Queens and Brooklyn and you'll find lots of surprises. You don't need a car to do it, either.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any NYC kiddies want to grab drinks tonight? Wifey's out of town and I'm plan-less for the evening. I'm thinking Williamsburg but am open to alternate suggestions. PM me i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads