• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silent stuff arrived today. Very satisfied although not sure how I feel about the Phlox jeans. Kinda wish I'd gone with the grey colorway vs the black. If someone wants them in a size 30 PM me.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yeah the problem is that it's still pretty hot out and I can't wear more than only light top layer. Even a button-up shirt is going to make me sweat
frown.gif

a simple slim tee would look good with slightly slouchy pants/jeans & white highs... it's 0F here so I have no problem adding layers upon layers
biggrin.gif

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC Listi rock[ed] white highs/slouchy black coated nudies/AA tee as a uniform.

Might not work on your body type though

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wonder what was the first waywt thread on the internet. tfs has to be up there

also i think im gonna sell my bless hoodcoat
frown.gif
so sick but too warm for dc most of the year
frown.gif
(( hit me up if you want it, size M

Pitman

Reaction score
Decided I'm not going to purchase another article of clothing until I start working out. Need to discipline myself and put 100% focus in the gym. Spring is only 4 months away, would love to add some much needed muscle mass to fill out my clothes better.

/Rant

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
what the ****? this is awesome

I know right!
I think it might possibly raise security issues, but I saw the commercial and decided my bank needs to adopt it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
Yeah the Surefire E1B is pretty small:
5euwd1.png

Might not be as bright as some of the 4Sevens lights(the quark 123 s2 at 174 lumens and the e1b at 110 lumens) but they're built pretty damn sturdy. If you want that brightness though and a light with the latest LED emitters, probably go with the 123, 123 tactical or 123 mini(if you don't want clicky).

They also just came out with the titanium mini with an S3 emitter.

I personally prefer clickys though(hate twisting). Even better if it has momentary on.

Right now I'm using this:

light%20jerky.jpg

It's a little old(r2 emitter), but fits perfectly in my pocket and when I was testing it out after watching a movie at the theater, it lit up the entire room. Nitecore will most likely be upgrading this soon though since a few of their other flashlights have been upgraded to R5 emitters.

This, this(also in titanium), this and this is also good if you want something in the AAA range.

And for AA lights you can check out the Zebralight SC51, Jetbeam BK135A, Quark AA Tactical S2, Nitecore D11, etc etc.

jeezus willy now I'm confused, what is the best tech I should look for (i want it to be the brightest and not old tech)? I like clicky and I don't mind using the 123 batteries...has to be made in us too

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I WANT ALL OF YR SILENT STUFF THAT DOESNT FIT.

most interested in oversized hoodie in black, medium probs, and trainers in a 45.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picking up the Junya cardi in a few hours!

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would just go with the 123 tactical if you're looking for the latest/brightest then. I don't remember where their lights were made but it's a company that's well respected amongst flashaholics. They've also got a great warranty/return policy/customer service. Make sure you pick up extra batteries online though since they're pretty expensive at B&M's.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude just get a titanium triple A or double A battery small flashlight thats made in the USA and runs around 50 bucks. Get it on eBay for free shipping.

they're all the same aside from small specs that if you don't know about already, don't matter.

**** a flashlightaholics. thats on some geek **** unless you're a mall security guard and equipment failure is not an option.
plain.gif

simple is better. the surefires have too much going on. bigger than you'd want too, i bet. Look at it in that guys hand. Think about things that could break. Like a clicker. Then think about things that are built solid and to stand the test of time (and rain) - like a twist top.

i use mine on the rare camping trip and when im stumbling upstairs toxic brunk and dont want to turn on the house lights.

and careful. acquiring EDC's as a hobby can get expensive.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=205133

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long do RO sneakers last? thinking about dropping $470 on a pair, but I have heard they don't last and ****...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads