Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jet

jet Persian Bro

when you come here i will take you to the vag will

bring lots of clean underwear

2. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

that's the thing about crazy pieces i was talking about jet

if i can only afford 1 crazy knit i wouldn't drop because it'd be obvious and mundane if i wore it all the time

but if i could grab 2-3 it'd be fun

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

lulz. la in november homie

when you come here i will take you to the vag will

bring lots of clean underwear

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

i'm taking you out homie

ya kelvin, you need multiple crazy pieces so you can be that guy who has all the crazy pieces

5. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

LA Guy- I understand the concept of not having to think about "showing off" outfits vs. what you normally would wear in terms of peasant status type stuff, but i think you're taking it a bit far with the doing messy yard/car work in just whatever. I still would do yardwork in basketball shorts/sweatpants and a tshirt i got for free from some crappy promotion on campus

I'm not going to play a few hours of full court pickup or back in undergrad playing flag football or ultimate frisbee intramurals in something i care about. I'm going to get crazy sweat stains, grass stains, sometimes some blood, mud, and stuff like that. Even before i gave a shit about any of my clothes and still to this day, i have a separate drawer of clothes for playing sports and what not in. Usually just a collection of basketball shorts, sweat pants, tshirts i've gotten for free for some reason and some headbands.

I don't care if it's all RO, r&b, raf, whatever, i'm not going to lounge around my apartment in anything but boxers and an old loose fitting tshirt (i have a few from 10 years ago i sleep in). I still think people are crazy for just relaxing in their house in jeans, shoes, and a button up who say "no, i'm comfortable in this". Don't know what's more comfortable for laying in a recliner or on a couch than boxers and an old tshirt.

I do wear my shit to whatever house party/bar. When i lived in gainesville and would go to shitty house parties or to this craphole bar for a beerpong tourney i'd still wear whatever i felt like including some cdg, margiela, boo, ndc, whatever

i seriously lounge in jeans, always have always will... when i get home from work and take off my 'office pants' i throw on denim

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

that's the thing about crazy pieces i was talking about jet

if i can only afford 1 crazy knit i wouldn't drop because it'd be obvious and mundane if i wore it all the time

but if i could grab 2-3 it'd be fun

That's why you buy two big, good pieces a year - one in winter, one in summer. Something really high quality that you know you won't ever regret.

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm going to wear the shit out of my ToJ jacket once I get it and the weather is cooler. Don't care what people say.

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

you can live in your clothes by just wearing them normally over the years, i don't need my month old shirt to look like i've owned it for 5 years doing hard labor

buy timeless shit and in years it will still look good, with some added character

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

you can live in your clothes by just wearing them normally over the years, i don't need my month old shirt to look like i've owned it for 5 years doing hard labor

buy timeless shit and in years it will still look good, with some added character

Agreed. But after a month of normal wear, a shirt shouldn't look like new unless you've done nothing but sit for 30 days.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Agreed, that's why I churn butter in margiela.

11. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

I churn butter in margiela.

Aha, sigged

12. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

That's why you buy two big, good pieces a year - one in winter, one in summer. Something really high quality that you know you won't ever regret.

slowly happenig. I got my eye on something for fall

13. APK

APK Senior member

I find expansive montages in the WAYWT excessive and frivolous when not done in moderation. Once in a while is fine, but I really don't need to see one every day or several times a week. The impact becomes diluted after so long.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Not that it matters in a random thoughts thread, but my original point was actually prompted by a comment someone made to me that a certain piece was just an expensive basic. My immediate thought was to agree with him, and then, on second thought, to disagree with him. It was an expensive basic, sure, but not "just". It was made from great fabric, and had little details that you'd never notice unless you were actually examining the garment from about a foot away.

15. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

i seriously lounge in jeans, always have always will... when i get home from work and take off my 'office pants' i throw on denim

I suspect the people who feel more comfortable lounging in shorts and t-shirts rather than jeans and button-ups tend to come from the balmier regions of the country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.