1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

he looks like a lost and lonely lumberjack who cant find his way back home

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

When did David Arquette join styleforum?

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

When did David Arquette join styleforum?
    I'm feeling more Gabriel Byrne than anything else.

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

I'm feeling more Gabriel Byrne than anything else.
    I'm just LOLing at the blog post. You think it can't get worse, can't get worse...oh wait he untucked his flannel. Now he's a lumberjack on lunch break. [​IMG]

5. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

he´s a good illustration of why i "style" my clothes less and less.

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

its just too much of a fucking uniform. the workwear shit works best when treated like any other trend- used in moderation

7. APK

APK Senior member

You read a lot about the need/want for higher/slimmer arm holes. Well, nuts to that. I just got a FP shirt that fits like an absolute dream everywhere, but the arm holes are just slightly smaller than my other shirts. The result is a feeling of slight constriction when I extend my arms all the way out. F.

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

did robin just post a waywt in this thread?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. robin

robin Senior member

did robin just post a waywt in this thread?
    Never.

10. jet

jet Senior member

It's comical when a city changes how a person acts and dresses.

I might do some dangerous copping this weekend but I need to hold out until private sales.

11. mondayc

mondayc Senior member

I saw someone wearing a snuggie in public. Even worse, it was in a grocery store at 5:30, probably the busiest time of the day.

Worst of all, it's 60 degrees outside.

12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I saw someone wearing a snuggie in public. Even worse, it was in a grocery store at 5:30, probably the busiest time of the day. Worst of all, it's 60 degrees outside.
    You know you were jealous PS: That stache is beyond epic

14. Gravitas

Gravitas Senior member

Ayo, Justin's got a snuggie. [​IMG]

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

It's comical when a city changes how a person acts and dresses. I might do some dangerous copping this weekend but I need to hold out until private sales.
    Not really, unless I don't understand your meaning at all. Different cities=different countries=different locations=wear different things.

16. APK

APK Senior member

I have a tendency to get into a style of shirting and really overdo it. I'm a bit worried about doing that with flannels and plaids right now. I've only got two flannels and three plaid shirts. But a couple of those new Uniqlo flannels looks identical to ones I wanted from higher end companies last season. Those coupled with that exploded flannel from the next batch of Epaulet shirts is going to make my closet resemble Dan Conner's if I'm not careful.

17. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I have a tendency to get into a style of shirting and really overdo it. I'm a bit worried about doing that with flannels and plaids right now. I've only got two flannels and three plaid shirts. But a couple of those new Uniqlo flannels looks identical to ones I wanted from higher end companies last season. Those coupled with that exploded flannel from the next batch of Epaulet shirts is going to make my closet resemble Dan Conner's if I'm not careful.

Haha I think many of us have this issue around here. I would pass on the Uniqlo's and wait for the Epaulet. Save the extra cash, get yourself all amped up for Epaulet's upcoming release and get your "fix" then. You really don't need that many flannels in the wardrobe unless you're truly chopping trees, so just get the one.

18. APK

APK Senior member

True to my word, I'm finally taking pictures of all my clothes and shoes I don't want anymore in preparation to sell them. I'm amazed at:

1) How much money I wasted on terrible stuff over the last two or three years. Not even stuff that no longer fits the aesthetic I'm going for. I'm talking about the stuff I bought and then either never wore or wore once or twice.
    2) How lousy a lot of the stuff looks on me. This isn't just SF groupthink working its power on me. Almost all of the jackets and coats significantly drape off the shoulders. The button-down shirts are baggy and unflattering. The t-shirts are more likely to get your attention because of the loud graphic. Track jackets are stupid looking. My legs look twice as big in most of my old jeans I thought looked so great.

And there's a TON of stuff to go through and get rid of. It'll be nice to have all the extra space, extra cash, and knowledge that this ill-fitting crap is someone else's problem now.

19. jet

jet Senior member

^Nice, that has been an ongoing process for me for the past 3 years.

Now the wackest shit in my closet is apc and every piece in there is calculated.

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.