• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zissou i think you have my future wifes picture on your avatar

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
There was a time when I'd actually feel obliged to defend certain looks over others, especially when people who dress like they're straight out of a ******* Frank Miller comic book have the balls to call a piece "childish," but more and more clothes are just looking like clothes. I know what I like and I'm beginning to feel less "offended," for a lack of a better word, when people don't care for what I wear; similarly, I'm burned out trying to suggest certain looks or specific pieces to people who dress like 99.9% of the population.
CLOTHING IS AN ARTFORM!!!!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most of EG, WWM, and the like is just over my head. I like select pieces, but the majority does little for me. I guess it's just an inability to really consider function over form. The flannels, for instance, look pretty substantial. But at the same time, the cuts aren't flattering. If someone posted a fit pic of say, an EG flannel, people would be telling him to get it tailored. The stuff looks like it'll keep you toasty mid-winter, but it doesn't look good. Ya dig?

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Depends on the person. Most people look fairly dumpy in it, but a few manage to pull it off. EG, in its smallest sizes, happens to fit me poorly so I stay away from it. On the other hand, it really isn't designed to fit the way I would like it to fit.

I have better luck with WWM.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
In addition to casually wear ties a la gq it is equally marsupialed wearing tees and scarves together. You are being laughed at everywhere you go except you don't know it. You really aren't cold you are trying to be stylish and by doing so you look like a complete douchenozzle (not just you eason but everyone does it is guilty). Don't fool yourself into thinking it is cool because it is not. What's next wearing gloves with Tees?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Veto.

edit: I know you like to bite at my heels and ima let u finish, but it really is functional, looks good (not that this matters or is in any way objective in SF), and police do not arrest me when they see me wearing a scarf, so I'm going to continue wearing it until it's no longer functional for this weather.

and I did think about wearing scarves for a week for WAYWT or gloves with a t-shirt just to piss whiners off

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
In addition to casually wear ties a la gq it is equally marsupialed wearing tees and scarves together. You are being laughed at everywhere you go except you don't know it. You really aren't cold you are trying to be stylish and by doing so you look like a complete douchenozzle (not just you eason but everyone does it is guilty). Don't fool yourself into thinking it is cool because it is not. What's next wearing gloves with Tees?

linen scarfs keep you cool, not warm

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Veto. edit: I know you like to bite at my heels and ima let u finish, but it really is functional, looks good (not that this matters or is in any way objective in SF), and police do not arrest me when they see me wearing a scarf, so I'm going to continue wearing it until it's no longer functional for this weather. and I did think about wearing scarves for a week for WAYWT or gloves with a t-shirt just to piss whiners off
I didn't think your fit looked stellar. Maybe a slightly darker scarf and it being worn a bit looser would be better. Looks kinda weird with it strangling you. I personally hate wearing scarves like that because it's a pain and more **** to worry about/lose/accidentally dip in your pasta or what not. You rock your **** well regardless though so it doesn't matter that much. The dangerous thing is that you're encouraging another SFer with like 20 more lbs, not as attractive, kinda goofy looking and with a poorer fitting surrounding outfit to try it and you're going to cause him to be ridiculed. I hope you feel good about yourself
laugh.gif

ataru

Reaction score
Eason being in Korea could be significant with this. When I lived in Japan (kyoto) there was an automatic flash that came from just being a tallish, not bad-looking white guy that seemed to make any clothing I wore seem cool to the people around me. Not to mention try-hardish things like boot-tucks and scarves over tees were flat-out common, and collars were popped as often as not, so dressing normally could seem like you just don't care.

Of course, dressing the same way in North Carolina would just make me look like a narcissist/attention whore.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So I go into my philosophy class this morning and the first thing I do when I see the professor is critique his suit fit, SF you have ruined me

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
linen scarfs keep you cool, not warm

I like linen as much as anyone but that really isn't the case. Linen is great to wear in summer because it's better at keeping you cool over cotton or wool or whatever, but it's not like it's better than not having anything on at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads