• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
guess the original
asos+margiela+ring+01-560x240.jpg
martin-margiela-key-style-ring-front.gif-560x326.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bottom one

ervell is reverting back to us production, smart move

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
It is probably at least half my current clothing 'budget' but I want the shiny marc jacobs tee in the current print ads.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
haggling in B&S bothers me I don't **** with prices. Selling things online sucks, so if I have the money for something I like I'll buy it, no negotiation, but if I don't I move on. Arguing over a couple bucks seems a little rude to me, especially if the item is already like 50% off.

I agree. Caring too much about prices is rude. If it's too expensive, don't buy it. If you have some silly psychological barrier that says "$260 is too much to pay, I'll do it for $240" just bring lunch to work for a week or something to save the $20 and buy it. It's annoying to the seller who will probably end up going with the low-ball offer and feeling ****** just because they don't know if a better offer will come any time soon just so you can save a few pennies.

jaac

Reaction score
Is it still possible to recoup money via paypal if you pay via gift?, i mean if the sale goes wrong somehow? I was thinking about this today realising i pay for everything via gift.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No.

Also, why should Paypal give a ****? By sending payment via gift you're shafting them of their profits

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
No. Also, why should Paypal give a ****? By sending payment via gift you're shafting them of their profits
But if you funded your Paypal "gift" using a credit card, you likely still have recourse against a fraudulent seller via your card issuer.

vonWitzleben

Reaction score
But PayPal doesnt like that obviously and might freeze your account if you use a cc-chargeback without a won dispute.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I agree. Caring too much about prices is rude. If it's too expensive, don't buy it. If you have some silly psychological barrier that says "$260 is too much to pay, I'll do it for $240" just bring lunch to work for a week or something to save the $20 and buy it. It's annoying to the seller who will probably end up going with the low-ball offer and feeling ****** just because they don't know if a better offer will come any time soon just so you can save a few pennies.

I get this all the time.

user7

Reaction score
As a buyer, there are two categories of things I purchase:

1) Stuff I KNOW I want and will fit and is perfect. If it's priced right, I'm happy to make an offer at full price.

2) Stuff that may look bad, or not fit, but I don't mind impulsivley purchasing and trying out. However, this scenario is only worth it if I get something for very cheap. So I may offer someone 50% of the asking price.

I don't see anything wrong with this, especially from my experience selling.

Sometime as a seller, I have something I love, but would be willing to part with for $x. I make it pretty clear that a lowball offer won't be accepeted.

Then there's also stuff I never want to wear again, and also, have no idea how to price. I'd rather get a lowball offer - and think, "*******, that's good enough" - rather than futz around lowering prices and haggling over PMs for two weeks.

I really fail to see the big deal. If you don't like the lowball, don't take it. If it's worth more, someone will buy it. If it's not, it's not the lowballers fault that no one wants your crap at the price you posted.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaac
Is it still possible to recoup money via paypal if you pay via gift?, i mean if the sale goes wrong somehow? I was thinking about this today realising i pay for everything via gift.

Paypal is ****, don't even use their money recoup thing and directly call your credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads