Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Paypal is shit, don't even use their money recoup thing and directly call your credit card.

quotin for truth

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

Anyone have a good pic of a girl wearing browline glasses?

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I saw a dude today in predistressed boot cut jeans that put the honeycombs at his ankles. I wish there was a place where you could go and have your jeans express distressed while you wore them. I wonder if it would be possible to sandblast jeans as you wear them...

4. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I saw a dude today in predistressed boot cut jeans that put the honeycombs at his ankles. I wish there was a place where you could go and have your jeans express distressed while you wore them. I wonder if it would be possible to sandblast jeans as you wear them...

A lot of really shitty distressed jeans have the honeycombs from stacks at the ankles, and honeycombs from the knee at the knee.

5. onion

onion Senior member

There is a company in Japan that does custom distressing of denim. Based on photos I've seen, it appears they actually do a really good job.

6. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

Paypal is shit, don't even use their money recoup thing and directly call your credit card.

i agree paypal is shite but the correct way to do it is to contact paypal first then cc chargeback if it doesn't go your way.

7. APK

APK Senior member

Trying to keep a work wardrobe interesting is a bitch. I'm about to say "fuck it" and just start wearing shit like bucks and colored pants with an OCBD. It's a step above business casual where I work, so it's not a conservative environment. But that lax dress code also means some bad-fitting stuff, so I see no issue with something a little bolder, so long as it fits within the general parameters of biz casual (i.e. tucked in shirt).

8. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I have to keep a grey 2b at the office and a tie in case I need to make an unexpected court run (ie, today, just waiting outside chambers as I write this in fact), but otherwise it sounds like your work and mine have about the same standards. I'm not having too much trouble keeping it fresh. Add in knits and more textures in winter and it should be easier, too.

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

More and more I'm attracted to start wearing suits in a casual/non-formal setting, so not proper ones but deconstructed shit, disproportionate cuts, long jacket suits, cutways, details that throws off "proper" balance, (baseball zoot suits), hehe...

I have a few in my sight, just need funding first

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

look at some of barims older fits, he did lots of stuff with really baggy trousers and a tight junya (I think) jacket

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I have to keep a grey 2b at the office and a tie in case I need to make an unexpected court run (ie, today, just waiting outside chambers as I write this in fact), but otherwise it sounds like your work and mine have about the same standards. I'm not having too much trouble keeping it fresh. Add in knits and more textures in winter and it should be easier, too.

what kind of law does firm deal with ?

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Well today I'm doing a foreclosure thing for a nat'l bank.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I was at the doctor's office today and the x-ray tech came out of his chambers in some really epically faded jeans. They were non selvedge, boot cut, probably no name, couldn't see any brand markings because he was wearing his lab coat, but I looked down at my jeans, a 3 year old pair of APC NS that are themselves very well faded with a good range of color and wear, and this guy's awesome jeans just walked all over them. They were like powder blue with tinges of a faded indigo, and the honeycombs and shit were pure white, fronts down to the knees were white, hems were still there and uncut but nicely dogged on the edges. I'd estimate they were about 5 years old, maybe even more.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

^^ i once had a royal bank savings account [​IMG] you guys ever deal with medical or corporate/patent ?

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

p.s. I think keeping a work wardrobe solid isn't about excitement or spice (it's work after all) and more about consistency and how serious you look. Everybody wants you to look clean and trustable, nobody really wants you to look baller, unless you are the boss, and even then, circumstances.... nicelynice does this well, his style is like this young Japanese job seeker by way of Raf tailoring kind of thing. I'd do the same kinda look if I had a job to go to and a dress code to adhere to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.