• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the RLH soles, FWIW.

It's probably my favorite aspect of Rancourt shoes, and I have about 6 different pairs.

I plan to order the Bennet Trainers and a second pair of bison boots on the Ranger, just because they are so great. Can be on my feet all day and they don't get sore late in the day. Even with NB sneakers I can't say that.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(The only reason the arches look cut up is because I was wearing them while digging with a shovel, and stepping on the shovel with my foot, the way that people do when they are digging with a shovel.)

goalaso

Reaction score
Do you think those are ready for a resole again? If I'm getting a second pair, they won't get worn as much. Maybe its time to just run them in to the ground and then bin them?

Thoughts?
Thank you, thank you, this what exactly what I was looking for. And I don't think they need another resole. They look *great* to me, as long as you're not slipping or uncomfortable in them as a result. Also, great laces

frankmartin

Reaction score
I highly recommend the RLH soles, FWIW.

It's probably my favorite aspect of Rancourt shoes, and I have about 6 different pairs.

Seconded. IMHO, the RLH soles and Rancourt dyeing their own shell colors are the two of the most interesting things about Rancourt, at least to me.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Impressons on the Bennet Trainers:

The shape is a little unusual for a sneaker

The toe box doesn't have a lot of height. I expect my feet will get hot in these because of the tight fit on the toes.

The heel is kind of wide in the back, doesn't really lock your foot in, but I'm not getting any slip either, since the toe is so secure.

Due to the sole, they are heavy compared to a running shoe

Haven't walked off carpet yet, so can't say much about the sole, but I love RLH soles in general so I expect it to be fantastic. That's the main reason I got these.

Overall, they look less masculine and more "European" than the similar looking New Balance model.

Also got a second pair of Bison Clymers since I like my first pair so much, this time in Cognac.

I think these will look great once I change the laces and they get thrashed a bit.

Makes me wonder if I should have gotten the Chocolate ones refurbed. Didn't think it was time, but now that I see them next to a new pair, the soles look a little thin.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 31

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First Impressons on the Bennet Trainers:

The shape is a little unusual for a sneaker

The toe box doesn't have a lot of height. I expect my feet will get hot in these because of the tight fit on the toes.

The heel is kind of wide in the back, doesn't really lock your foot in, but I'm not getting any slip either, since the toe is so secure.

Due to the sole, they are heavy compared to a running shoe

Haven't walked off carpet yet, so can't say much about the sole, but I love RLH soles in general so I expect it to be fantastic. That's the main reason I got these.

Overall, they look less masculine and more "European" than the similar looking New Balance model.

View attachment 1199196

View attachment 1199192

View attachment 1199197

Also got a second pair of Bison Clymers since I like my first pair so much, this time in Cognac.

View attachment 1199195

View attachment 1199194

I think these will look great once I change the laces and they get thrashed a bit.

Makes me wonder if I should have gotten the Chocolate ones refurbed. Didn't think it was time, but now that I see them next to a new pair, the soles look a little thin.
I say wear 'em some more...both pairs look great though

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say wear 'em some more...both pairs look great though

Thank you, Sir.

Didn't mean for it to sounds like a totally negative opinion of them. Just been wearing NB 574s as my only sneakers for about a decade, so these are a bit of a departure from that, despite the strong resemblance in the pattern.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you, Sir.

Didn't mean for it to sounds like a totally negative opinion of them. Just been wearing NB 574s as my only sneakers for about a decade, so these are a bit of a departure from that, despite the strong resemblance in the pattern.
Hey, I totally understand you feeling cool about a product...I've done that for pairs of shoes I shouldn't be doing it on considering the price!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

My second pair of Rancourts and my first pair directly from Rancourt (vice RL). After browsing their site many times, I decided that I needed a Shell Cordovan Boat Shoe in my collection and so I ordered a pair in Caramel Shell Cordovan. While waiting for those (supposed to finish soon), I decided to order a pair in Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan and due to material availability, they came first.

They came out superbly. They look fantastic and the color contrast is exactly what I was looking for. Fairly subtle, but really adds some flair to the shoes.

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Boat Shoes - 2.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Boat Shoes - 7.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Boat Shoes - 15.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Boat Shoes - 10.jpg

Rancourt Navy and Brown Shell Boat Shoes - 21.jpg

-Mike

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

My second pair of Rancourts and my first pair directly from Rancourt (vice RL). After browsing their site many times, I decided that I needed a Shell Cordovan Boat Shoe in my collection and so I ordered a pair in Caramel Shell Cordovan. While waiting for those (supposed to finish soon), I decided to order a pair in Navy and Brown Shell Cordovan and due to material availability, they came first.

They came out superbly. They look fantastic and the color contrast is exactly what I was looking for. Fairly subtle, but really adds some flair to the shoes.

View attachment 1200759

View attachment 1200763

View attachment 1200762

View attachment 1200761

View attachment 1200766

-Mike
Amazing!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads