• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be clear on the sticking your finger in the side, there is very, very often a gap at the top of that part, because some people have thick ankles and some people have thin ankles. The finger test is more important if your finger can actually touch the *bottom* of the shoe, that is actually touch the sock liner next to your foot. If your foot is covering the entire bottom of the shoe, and it's just a gap up on the sides, that's not a big deal at all. Same with the back, as long as your heel is up against the back of the shoe, it's not as big a deal if your ankle curves forward so that it doesn't touch the shoe up top.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score
There's some pretty good Rancourt deals for Canadians on clubmonaco.ca. I went back a few backs to see if this had been posted already, and didn't see it. Sorry if I missed that. Penny loafers for $219 Cad, boat shoes for $199, 5 eye boots for $219. Unfortunately for me they largest size they carry is 13, whereas I'm a 14. But I'd be all over the 5 eye boots if they had a 14. When you factor in free shipping, possible stacking of another coupon and no customs fees from rancourt's fedex shipping service, these are some great deals.

Kwaker

Reaction score
^ Open an account and get 15% off your next order ... for those of us living in Canada, it just means save on the taxes!

Last edited:

southbound35

Reaction score
Will ClubMonaco.ca ship to the US? They appear to have inventory in a Rancourt shoe I've been eyeing that has sold out in my size on the US site.

Last edited:

namgungh

Reaction score
There's some pretty good Rancourt deals for Canadians on clubmonaco.ca. I went back a few backs to see if this had been posted already, and didn't see it. Sorry if I missed that. Penny loafers for $219 Cad, boat shoes for $199, 5 eye boots for $219. Unfortunately for me they largest size they carry is 13, whereas I'm a 14. But I'd be all over the 5 eye boots if they had a 14. When you factor in free shipping, possible stacking of another coupon and no customs fees from rancourt's fedex shipping service, these are some great deals.
no extra width option tho, sad for ppl who had wide feet like me :(

rawrz

Reaction score
Where should I put moleskin to eliminate a ranger moc from making an audible "swooshing" sound when walking?
My right foot is slightly smaller and I'm guessing the extra volume is causing an air pocket? The fit is great otherwise but my girlfriend has misophonia so I have I be conscious about repetitive sounds.

cathpah

Reaction score
Where should I put moleskin to eliminate a ranger moc from making an audible "swooshing" sound when walking?
My right foot is slightly smaller and I'm guessing the extra volume is causing an air pocket? The fit is great otherwise but my girlfriend has misophonia so I have I be conscious about repetitive sounds.
I think I'd try a heel pad at the back of the larger shoe, and if that doesn't work, try a tongue pad. Moleskin is more to protect your feet from blisters, and likely won't last *that* long when actually attached to a shoe.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm... seems tricky. You'll probably have to experiment. Have you thought about getting a terry cloth insole for the one shoe? That might help fill out the volume and eliminate the air pocket where ever it is.

rawrz

Reaction score
Amazon should be delivering some terry cloth insoles in the next day or so. I think the air pocket maybe in the instep.

Kwaker

Reaction score

I was uncertain of my sizing and preferred colours and so I ordered 4 pairs ... olive and navy ranger mocs in 8 and 8.5.
I hope that I'm not tempted into keeping one of each colour.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
The olive waxed canvas boat shoes for Brooks Brothers had caught my eye for some reason (I didn't think something like this would have interested me before) and I picked it up during the recent corporate sale. They have arrived and I think they look pretty good in person. These will serve as casual/beater shoes during the warmer months and it will be interesting to see how they age.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads