• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Stanton shoes. NOT Purple Label???

RayRay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jreigen
This listing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-PUR...item5adc4ccf13

Not the first time the seller has grossly inflated an item's value.

Lol. Good work. Yes that's me unfortunately. Rookie mistake.

I bid high cause I thought they were rlpl due to his auction description. Since they aren't I'm seeking a partial refund due to misleading description.

You guys reckon I should file a dispute with paypal?

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
At that price, it seems like you should just try to get your money back. Even if he gives half back you still overpaid.

RayRay

Reaction score
^^^^ thanks for the info animal thug

I just sent an email to the ralph Lauren customer service inbox and have quoted the number on my box. We'll see if they can confirm for me

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RayRay
^^^^ thanks for the info animal thug I just sent an email to the ralph Lauren customer service inbox and have quoted the number on my box. We'll see if they can confirm for me
While it is possible that there was an RLPL Italian made captoe, I don't recall there ever being one called the Stanton. If they are truly RLPL, though, they will have a leather badge nailed onto the waist inscribed with Ralph Lauren in script. Do they? Also the seller doesn't have his facts nor timeline completely straight. CJ never made RLPL shoes, whole GandG did. More importantly, though, is that the Stanton predated the RLPL Italy line, not the other way around. If you older forum members recall, this led to speculation that RL had tested the Italian maker for its mainline before commissioning RLPL shoes. That turned out not to be the case as they are different makers. Dude could easily be buillshitting using an admittedly decent knowledge of RL manufacturers.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
While it is possible that there was an RLPL Italian made captoe, I don't recall there ever being one called the Stanton. If they are truly RLPL, though, they will have a leather badge nailed onto the waist inscribed with Ralph Lauren in script. Do they?

Also the seller doesn't have his facts nor timeline completely straight. CJ never made RLPL shoes, whole GandG did.

More importantly, though, is that the Stanton predated the RLPL Italy line, not the other way around. If you older forum members recall, this led to speculation that RL had tested the Italian maker for its mainline before commissioning RLPL shoes. That turned out not to be the case as they are different makers. Dude could easily be buillshitting using an admittedly decent knowledge of RL manufacturers.

This is what Stantons look like:
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=168

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Sometimes I am so pleased I know the provenance of my shoes
bigstar[1].gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RayRay
Thanks for the link. My pair look exactly like that. Except a size us8 though

Anyway, since it's a grey point and the seller charged too much for the shoes, I think you should get a refund.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
This is what Stantons look like:
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=168

Right, I know that, and own a pair of Sullivans (plain toe bal), so I'm familiar with the details. The seller is claiming that there were, in fact, two types of Stantons produced: one RLPL by Branchini, and one mainline by Meucci. Since the OP has indicated that the shoes he has lack the RLPL badge, al the evidence suggests that they are simply plain old mainline Stantons.

Maybe I've been out of the loop, but I also thought that the RLPL Italy maker was Silvio Sasetti, not Branchini--has this changed, was the Sasetti assessment incorrect, or is the seller full of it?

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
You'll see in about 3 months. Leather doesn't age particularly well, which despite all the nice features on the shoe that skinnygoomba just listed, is why I'd agree they're worth around 200-300.

+1, I've said it before, but the quality of the materials is really lacking in these Stanton/Sullivan shoes. Strange that they would go to all the trouble of detailing it so well when the leather of the upper and sole is so variable in quality. You can fault AEs for poor attention to detail or having awkward styling, but at least they use quality materials.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The listing is incorrect in the msrp by about 700 ish dollars!! The shoes have the RLPL script but if u have the box the color will likely say 'Polo Chestnut' or similar. They are mainline polo shoes in the eBay listing and not true RLPL shoes.
I would not pay anywhere close to the amount u paid for the shoes.

Regards.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the gray are?? The only reason it seems gray is everyone here knows too damn much and is digging too damn deep into the chronological manufacturing history utilized by RL back to the mid-80's. The MSRP is grossly inflated and the 'Purple Label' description is incorrect, no? I would ask for a refund and then move to a paypal claim.

RayRay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
The listing is incorrect in the msrp by about 700 ish dollars!! The shoes have the RLPL script but if u have the box the color will likely say 'Polo Chestnut' or similar. They are mainline polo shoes in the eBay listing and not true RLPL shoes.
I would not pay anywhere close to the amount u paid for the shoes.

Regards.

I'm not at home at the moment but I'm sure the box says 'polo tan' on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads