• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Rugby Thread

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone know if rugby will be having a christmas sale?

Most likely. Expect it after the holiday madness on left over styles and sizes.

Philip

Reaction score

NickyEyes

Reaction score
just got this in the mail today:

screenshot20111206at122.png

I'm a big fan of flannels and I wanted something different, so I went with the navajo. I was pleased with the quality and thickess or the material..

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a big fan of flannels and I wanted something different, so I went with the navajo. I was pleased with the quality and thickess or the material..

Never noticed the skulls on that shirt. Might kop one now. Does it fit TTS?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just purchased a polo "bleeker" corneliani blazer and I really like the fit.
Someone could compare this fit to rugby caruso fit?

Thanks

Last edited:

Dope Nixon

Reaction score
My order came last week - amazing quality and fit, the flannel and cashmere sweater, chinos and shorts are all brilliant, I expect to become a regular Rugby buyer (my shipping forwarder will be happy!)

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alot of the Rugby employees are wearing this one, which i think is a piece that drew inspiration from something blue label put out over a year ago. i like the blue label one a lot more but thats just my opinion (i'll post a pic soon). Rugby also has this as a hat.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've just purchased a polo "bleeker" corneliani blazer and I really like the fit.
Someone could compare this fit to rugby caruso fit?
Thanks

I have a RLBL peak lapel sport coat, its half canvassed, and shoulders extrude a bit.

Caruso for Rugby has a more natural of a shoulder. Really that is the biggest difference I can tell. The quality and strength seems nicer as well.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the skull is the reason you "might kop" one?

NickyEyes

Reaction score

thats funny because i was hoping the skull didn't stand out too much when i bought it. and yeah, it was true to size for me.

the only minor problem i came across was that it's so thick that rolling up the sleeves gets kinda tight.

NickyEyes

Reaction score

alot of the Rugby employees are wearing this one, which i think is a piece that drew inspiration from something blue label put out over a year ago. i like the blue label one a lot more but thats just my opinion (i'll post a pic soon).

i look forward to seeing your version.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thats funny because i was hoping the skull didn't stand out too much when i bought it. and yeah, it was true to size for me.
the only minor problem i came across was that it's so thick that rolling up the sleeves gets kinda tight.

Thanks for the info. Most of styleforum hates skulls but I've always enjoyed them, as long as it's not too much. When Rugby came out in 2004/5 it was like a dream come true for me. I probably went to high school in 100% rugby at least half the time. Wish they still included the skulls on the bottom of the shirt tail though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads