• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph lauren polo Hawaiian shirts

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I saw some RL polo Hawaiian shirts. I'm normally not a Hawaiian shirt type guy, but having mastered the art of formalwear to the point where I'm sick of wearing solid-colour shirts and silk ties and bespoke trousers, I really think I need some Hawaiian shirts.

Also, I'm a drugged-out alcoholic with a massive personality and an almost vindictive sense of humour, so I enjoy making people stare at me cuz they can't avert their eyes from black palm trees silhouetted against a fireapple-orange sunset.

Additionally, the QUALITY of these things - I'm not a guy that normally impressed by RL stuff, but even i have to admit that a couple of the designs were simply stunning, probably some of the most cohesive and stylish RL stuff I've ever seen. The prints were SO detailed, practically to the point of being hypnotic.

The thing is, at $100 apiece, the stuff is sort of overpriced. I asked the store girl why, and she said it's in order to compete with tommy bahama or whatever (which is a bit more expensive, and slightly tasteless compared to the exquisite RL works of art), but I still can't justify dropping a bill apiece on Hawaiian shirts when dress shirts from comparable brands were going for $50.

Think I can get these for cheap elsewhere? Any suggestions? Any opinions? Any takers, or am I just going to get a boatload of critics? Let's talk about Hawaiian shirts.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The key to Hawaiian shirts is accessories. You need a braided belt, double reverse pleated kakhi shorts, pina colada, and a butt plug to pull it off properly.*

*Preferably in that order

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads