1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ralph lauren made-to-measure

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, Sep 3, 2003.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior Member

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone of you had experience with their made-to-measure suits... I just recieved and email from them mentioning they are waving the measuring fees. I would like to know how much the starting prices go for and how much a suit with decent fabric and details would cost.

Thanks

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Stylish Dinosaur

I think that most made-to-measure (regardless of the company) is ~20% more expensive than OTR prices for a similar fabric.

The measuring fees thing is a bit funny though... I always thought that if you were paying 2k+ for a suit that they would do the measuring for free. How nice of them to waive the measuring fee ;p

3. jcusey

jcusey Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Made-to-measure is, generally speaking, 15% or 20% more expensive than off-the-rack made by the same manufacturer in the same fabric. It's fairly standard for the 15% or 20% surcharge to be waived during trunk show and the like, although Ralph Lauren has a peculiar way of describing that surcharge.

Polo suits would probably start at around $1000 or $1100. Purple Label suits would probably start at around $3000. You could spend significantly more if you insisted on worsted cashmere or somesuch thing.

If you're going to spend retail for a suit, buying made-to-measure at a trunk show usually makes a whole lot more sense than buying off-the-rack.

4. A Harris

A Harris Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I heartily agree with that.