• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^They're the same shoe.. Looks like they used a smaller size for the cinnamon pebbled ones, and the tongue of the blue shoe isn't standing up. Also the two pics are shot at different angles..

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waiting for the end of the month to get the navy boat shoes from SW

SW said they are going to order burgundy ones for the spring/summer so for those who dont want to wait for quoddy to make them, thats an option

i will probably pick up a pair of burgundy ones mid summer as well

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of 12's or 12 1/2's?

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
waiting for the end of the month to get the navy boat shoes from SW

SW said they are going to order burgundy ones for the spring/summer so for those who dont want to wait for quoddy to make them, thats an option

i will probably pick up a pair of burgundy ones mid summer as well

Any specific time frame on when SW may get the burgundy's? Ive been looking to get a second pair for a while, might have to hold out for burgundy.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Was just wondering...I don't see many people who opted for the leather liners, most of them are unlined. Anyone here ever gotten them with the leather lining? They advertise it as being "more comfortable", was wondering if there is any truth to this. I am mainly wondering because one place that sells them has only the lined version...

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems chukkas are the new "deck boots". Sperry, Red wing and now Quoddy.

3sixteen-quoddy-shoes-02.jpg

http://www.selectism.com/news/2009/0...r-autumn-2009/

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My quoddy brown / camp sole. I got it about 2 weeks ago.
Picture288.jpg

Oxnard

Reaction score
For anyone that is still trying to find some Quoddy shoes, Albam clothing of the United Kingdom has a few styles up on their website, including white-soled boat shoes in both black AND burgundy (I ordered a pair of the burgundy myself). Overall, even with international shipping and all, they ended up only costing me $170 (new members to Albam get a 10% discount off their first purchase when they join up!) They got a good deal of sizes left, and while it is posted in UK sizes, they were very responsive about any sizing concerns that I might have had. Personally I was stoked to order them in Burgundy as I havn't seen anyone else with that style at the moment, and they would be a solid $30-$40 more if you had to get them from say, South Willard, for instance.
http://www.albamclothing.com/footwear.aspx

~Stangzorized~

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
For anyone that is still trying to find some Quoddy shoes, Albam clothing of the United Kingdom has a few styles up on their website, including white-soled boat shoes in both black AND burgundy (I ordered a pair of the burgundy myself). Overall, even with international shipping and all, they ended up only costing me $170 (new members to Albam get a 10% discount off their first purchase when they join up!) They got a good deal of sizes left, and while it is posted in UK sizes, they were very responsive about any sizing concerns that I might have had. Personally I was stoked to order them in Burgundy as I havn't seen anyone else with that style at the moment, and they would be a solid $30-$40 more if you had to get them from say, South Willard, for instance.
http://www.albamclothing.com/footwear.aspx

I have the boat boots and they ended costing about $230 total. Love em.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Those boat boots looked amazing, I didn't want to mention them though since they are completely sold out. Oddly enough, if you check Quoddy's site, they don't offer boots like that that have either a boat sole or camp sole. I imagine you could call them and special order it, but who knows how long that would take. I was debating about ordering some shoes directly from Quoddy, but they are completely backed up on their orders. The folks at O'Connels told me they are nearly 2 months late on their orders alone.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^That stitching is pretty ugly, prefer the sw ones as no surprise.

V if you like the indian moccasin stitch more power to you no place on a boat shoe really

deadstock

Reaction score
FWIW, I actually prefer the Albam stitching. I think regular deck shoes can be a little dull. These, at least, offer something a little a little different.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Stitching from last posted pic does NOT look great.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My RG/Quoddy's from the Carrot's sale. Navy blue loafer with camp sole. Love the color, deep Navy with white stitching. FWIW: That's Nob Hill in the background from my office in Jackson Square. APC NS jeans and BR socks.
img1164v.jpg
By farfisa23, shot with Canon PowerShot G9 at 2009-02-27[/IMG]

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally got my navy boat shoes from south willard. they are amazing quality and fit perfectly. thanks for the customer service over there ... responded quickly with all my fielded questions on sizing. shipping is not included in price so it is $204 total shipped.

i wear vans slipons in 10, clarks dbs in 9, and have sperry chukka suede/pony hair boots in 10. these are navy boat shoes, with boat sole, and unlined, size 9.

i know they said that the inner liner makes the inside more comfortable for wearing without socks but i have no complaints. so i dont know if its worth to pay more for the inner liner. plus unlined is more authentic ... haha. very comfy straight out of bag and cant wait for the weather to warm up.

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

Photo5.jpg

Photo6.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads