1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by padronlover, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sipang

sipang Senior member

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

My quoddy brown / camp sole. I got it about 2 weeks ago. [​IMG]

3. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

For anyone that is still trying to find some Quoddy shoes, Albam clothing of the United Kingdom has a few styles up on their website, including white-soled boat shoes in both black AND burgundy (I ordered a pair of the burgundy myself). Overall, even with international shipping and all, they ended up only costing me $170 (new members to Albam get a 10% discount off their first purchase when they join up!) They got a good deal of sizes left, and while it is posted in UK sizes, they were very responsive about any sizing concerns that I might have had. Personally I was stoked to order them in Burgundy as I havn't seen anyone else with that style at the moment, and they would be a solid $30-$40 more if you had to get them from say, South Willard, for instance.
    http://www.albamclothing.com/footwear.aspx

4. ~Stangzorized~

~Stangzorized~ Senior member

For anyone that is still trying to find some Quoddy shoes, Albam clothing of the United Kingdom has a few styles up on their website, including white-soled boat shoes in both black AND burgundy (I ordered a pair of the burgundy myself). Overall, even with international shipping and all, they ended up only costing me $170 (new members to Albam get a 10% discount off their first purchase when they join up!) They got a good deal of sizes left, and while it is posted in UK sizes, they were very responsive about any sizing concerns that I might have had. Personally I was stoked to order them in Burgundy as I havn't seen anyone else with that style at the moment, and they would be a solid $30-$40 more if you had to get them from say, South Willard, for instance.
    http://www.albamclothing.com/footwear.aspx

I have the boat boots and they ended costing about $230 total. Love em.

5. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Those boat boots looked amazing, I didn't want to mention them though since they are completely sold out. Oddly enough, if you check Quoddy's site, they don't offer boots like that that have either a boat sole or camp sole. I imagine you could call them and special order it, but who knows how long that would take. I was debating about ordering some shoes directly from Quoddy, but they are completely backed up on their orders. The folks at O'Connels told me they are nearly 2 months late on their orders alone.

6. jet

jet Senior member

^That stitching is pretty ugly, prefer the sw ones as no surprise.

V if you like the indian moccasin stitch more power to you no place on a boat shoe really

7. deadstock

deadstock Well-Known Member

FWIW, I actually prefer the Albam stitching. I think regular deck shoes can be a little dull. These, at least, offer something a little a little different.

8. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

^Stitching from last posted pic does NOT look great.

9. farfisa23

farfisa23 Senior member

My RG/Quoddy's from the Carrot's sale. Navy blue loafer with camp sole. Love the color, deep Navy with white stitching. FWIW: That's Nob Hill in the background from my office in Jackson Square. APC NS jeans and BR socks. [​IMG] By farfisa23, shot with Canon PowerShot G9 at 2009-02-27[/IMG]

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

finally got my navy boat shoes from south willard. they are amazing quality and fit perfectly. thanks for the customer service over there ... responded quickly with all my fielded questions on sizing. shipping is not included in price so it is $204 total shipped.

i wear vans slipons in 10, clarks dbs in 9, and have sperry chukka suede/pony hair boots in 10. these are navy boat shoes, with boat sole, and unlined, size 9.

i know they said that the inner liner makes the inside more comfortable for wearing without socks but i have no complaints. so i dont know if its worth to pay more for the inner liner. plus unlined is more authentic ... haha. very comfy straight out of bag and cant wait for the weather to warm up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

12. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

[​IMG]

Be aware that if/when they get wet, the blue will fade onto the white sole. It actually looks better, in my opinion, but they certainly didn't look that "pristine" for more than a few days.

Chad

13. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

thx chad

do you have any pics of this actually happening? i just wanna see what it would look like when/if this happened.

also is there a way to stop it from happening besides trying not to get them wet? would a waterproofing spray work?

14. jet

jet Senior member

+1 on those quods

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

The navy Quoddy shoes look nice.

16. imightbechad

imightbechad Senior member

thx chad

do you have any pics of this actually happening? i just wanna see what it would look like when/if this happened.

also is there a way to stop it from happening besides trying not to get them wet? would a waterproofing spray work?

I'll snap some pictures tomorrow and post them here when I can.

Chad

17. Racove

Racove Senior member

Interested in the navy color, but unsure about how it looks with denim (both dark and faded). While I've seen a pic or two in this thread, I'm undecided. Any thoughts or additional pictures? Even Sperry's would be considered.

18. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

So you guys...LIKE these things?

19. Flame

Flame Senior member

Which site ships Quoddy trail to Asia? Or do I have to rakuten it and pay a premium as always?[​IMG]

20. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

So you guys...LIKE these things?
    I do.