• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

CoffeToledo

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of loafers and found the old model Eaton second hand.

I'm really trying to find the differences between Eaton and Sydney, but they look the same just a name change and last change? And even the lasts look very the same.

Anyone who can enlighten me please?

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking to buy a pair of loafers and found the old model Eaton second hand.

I'm really trying to find the differences between Eaton and Sydney, but they look the same just a name change and last change? And even the lasts look very the same.

Anyone who can enlighten me please?

Eaton was discontinued about 5-7 years ago.

This model was originally made on the 72 last (Ex width), the Cavendish 1 was made on this last too.
Then they changed the last to the 325, and then discountinued it.

The Sidney is made on the sleeker 341, and has a different strap design.
A very similar model of the original Eaton is the Shipton & Heneage Wilton, Same last and strap desing with only a different "eye" on the strap.

To know the last of the Eaton you are looking for simply read the writing inside, if the width is EX the last is 72, if the width is E it is the 325

Hope this helps

Last edited:

pwc008

Reaction score
I would call it narrow, as it even feels a hair snug on me, and I do believe I have narrow heels. However, the overall FIT on this last is amazing.

FYI, I just ordered a pair of the Cranford 3 in black from the UK which are also on the 360 last. I ordered the same size: 9.5 UK E. Now discontinued (in black), if you can believe that.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds promising.
I have narrow heels too and tend to slip out of my Loake Etons eventhough the length is fine, so maybe 360 is a better fit for me than 019.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eaton was discontinued about 5-7 years ago.

This model was originally made on the 72 last (Ex width), the Cavendish 1 was made on this last too.
Then they changed the last to the 325, and then discountinued it.

The Sidney is made on the sleeker 341, and has a different strap design.
A very similar model of the original Eaton is the Shipton & Heneage Wilton, Same last and strap desing with only a different "eye" on the strap.

To know the last of the Eaton you are looking for simply read the writing inside, if the width is EX the last is 72, if the width is E it is the 325

Hope this helps

I believe the RL Marlow Tassel Shell Cordovan loafer is still made on last 72. I would assume their Suede model is on the same last. It's much narrower than 325 in the toe box.

RL Marlow Shell Cordovan Penny is on last 314 I believe.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My two most recent C&J acquisitions...the Cavendish in Polo Suede and the Teign in Dark Brown Suede.

This is actually my second pair of Teign's...the first pair recently had a catastrophic encounter with a spilled bottle of olive oil.

These are respectively the 28th and 29th pair in my C&J repertoire.

Dd1101

Reaction score
Shell SWB today.

jackals

Reaction score
My two most recent C&J acquisitions...the Cavendish in Polo Suede and the Teign in Dark Brown Suede.

This is actually my second pair of Teign's...the first pair recently had a catastrophic encounter with a spilled bottle of olive oil.

These are respectively the 28th and 29th pair in my C&J repertoire.

How you liking the Cavendish? I picked them up last week as my first pair of C&J
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Juhuatai

Reaction score
Picked up some Purdey Islay's. Got a UK 9 when my normal UK size is 9.5 hoping they would fit and they do! Not sure if this is the 325 last since I'm a 9.5 on that and these boots aren't that tight...hmmm

Webbo

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or views on the BB suede wingtip boot that I believe is made by C&J ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads