• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

shoefan57

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

a question to the wearers of C&J Oxfords:

What is the difference in the brown tone of "Chestnut Calf" and "Ivywood Calf" as I am looking for either the Westbourne (Main Line) in "Chestnut" or rather the Albany 4 (Handgrade) in "Ivywood"?

Chestnut is more redish and Ivywood more yellowish, or so?

The picture in the online shop do not really show a difference.

Nest regards

Pascal
Good question. Not seen Ivywood in person but from the online pictures it looks browner than Chestnut - not as red.

Pascal1980

Reaction score
Good question. Not seen Ivywood in person but from the online pictures it looks browner than Chestnut - not as red.
Thanks shoefans57,

does anyone here in the forum actually wear this shoe?

I am asking before ordering online with the shipping charges etc. as it is very difficult to get C&J shoes here in Frankfurt in Germany.

Best regards

Pascal

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Scotch Grain Conistons.
Which tannery does all the C&J Scotch Grain come from ?
20231025_172124.jpg
20231025_172308.jpg
20231025_172250.jpg
20231025_172221.jpg

zr3rs

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

a question to the wearers of C&J Oxfords:

What is the difference in the brown tone of "Chestnut Calf" and "Ivywood Calf" as I am looking for either the Westbourne (Main Line) in "Chestnut" or rather the Albany 4 (Handgrade) in "Ivywood"?

Chestnut is more redish and Ivywood more yellowish, or so?

The picture in the online shop do not really show a difference.

Nest regards

Pascal
Ivywood seems to be a dark tan. Do not have ivywood, but dark brown and chestnut, and the latter are pretty well represented colour-wise in the image below (screen images from C&J), though actual shoes have more depth of colour (hard to reproduce in a photo):
chestnut - dark brown - ivywood.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Damn, I have been trying to restrain myself ever since these came out. You’re not helping!

You think they could be ordered as a single MTO directly from C&J?
That's the 'coffee' hurricane hide I'm guessing.

Heck could it be a GMTO from C&J? I dont see it being a challenge to get 6 participants for this one. Two here already.

Last edited:

Style989

Reaction score
Damn, I have been trying to restrain myself ever since these came out. You’re not helping!

You think they could be ordered as a single MTO directly from C&J?
Yes, I wanted to do a bronze oiled sided Islay GMTO but they did not have enough leather and offered me an MTO. I might go ahead with it but first I want to close the Russian reindeer Islay and then I'm going to get a 348 last Islay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads