• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
I got caught in a positively torrential downpour and now my Islays look like pic related. How do I best mask the rain stains? I have regular cream, Renovateur and polish in my toolbox.

Attachments

• IMG_3078.jpeg
    IMG_3078.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 152

lurker33

Reaction score
I got caught in a positively torrential downpour and now my Islays look like pic related. How do I best mask the rain stains? I have regular cream, Renovateur and polish in my toolbox.
Just from rain? And they are dry already? I've had my Islay completely soaked twice now, and i never had any stains.
Try some neutral (or colored if you have) cream and a lot of brushing, maybe a coat of dubbin for extra protection next time.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And my dream boots arrived.
Dark Brown Scotch Grain Islays in UK13 from Ms Alex V at 92 Jermyn Street. She did her magic despite the payment bottleneck and I am very grateful that she did.
(Sorry, too many pics)
20231006_182022.jpg
20231006_182052.jpg
20231006_182247.jpg
20231006_182306.jpg
20231006_182319.jpg
20231006_182400.jpg
20231006_182437.jpg
20231006_182503.jpg
20231006_182539.jpg

PairOfDerby's

Reaction score
You need to get the whole boot wet and let it dry evenly. Then apply the renovateur and polish.

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
And my dream boots arrived.
Dark Brown Scotch Grain Islays in UK13 from Ms Alex V at 92 Jermyn Street. She did her magic despite the payment bottleneck and I am very grateful that she did.
(Sorry, too many pics)
View attachment 2041519 View attachment 2041521 View attachment 2041523 View attachment 2041525 View attachment 2041527 View attachment 2041529 View attachment 2041531 View attachment 2041533 View attachment 2041535
Lovely @shahtirthak . Enjoy.

C&J need to give tan colour lovers the option of a Tan Scotch Grain Islay or a Tan Hurricane Hide Islay in their collection

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time attending a GMTO here so trying to be a little bit careful. Can someone please verify for me if the below E-mail address is a legitimate CJ employee?
[email protected]

I do notice that CJ website contact ends with @crockettandjones.co.uk
Sorry for the ask - fraud has been crazy lately that I received 3 fraud call/ text everyday so trying to be super careful.

Encore

Marmite89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time attending a GMTO here so trying to be a little bit careful. Can someone please verify for me if the below E-mail address is a legitimate CJ employee?
[email protected]

Sorry for the ask - fraud has been crazy lately that I received 3 fraud call/ text everyday so trying to be super careful.

Encore
Yes it’s correct! 👍

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Hi guys,

[email protected]

Encore
Hi. Yes its correct. That's Alex getting in touch with payment link.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Skye Tan Scotch Grain GMTO

A reminder for the Skye (Last 378) in Tan Scotch Grain GMTO spreadsheet if anyone is interested

GMTO Specifications:

ModelSkye
Last378
LeatherScotch Grain
ColourTan
Welt360 Storm Welt (Dark Brown Leather)
SoleRidgeway
Edge FinishDark Brown
Eyelets4 Eyelets + 4 Speedhooks (Antique Brass)
TongueRegular
Pull TabYes, Regular (Fabric)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi guys,

[email protected]

Encore
The store used to be based in part of Turnbull and Asser but email was kept on primarily for gmto

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea and feel here.... might there be any members potentially interested in a early 2024 GMTO for a Dundee boot in whiskey shell OR tan scotch grain on ridgeway/dainite? What Last it should be on could be discussed too.

Here are some picture references:

Dundee Shell Sample 1

Dundee Shell Sample 2

Dundee Scotch Grain Sample

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always found that re-dampening the shoe (wet cloth/sponge) and letting it dry in a well ventilated area away from any heat source got rid of 'waters stains'*.
Once dry, treat with cream and polish.

*Waters stains aren't actually made by the water itself. When leather shoes get wet sometimes some of the oils, pigments and/or tanning agents dissolve and 'move in the leather' with the wet patch on the shoe as it dries/evaporates, leaving the highest concentration where the water dries op last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads