• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

DonCoyote

Reaction score
I think i like these.
5AFC289B-381B-4826-A39F-DE9307F901C7.jpeg

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Of course you can try this but I doubt that it will be successful. It is always difficult to get GMTOs to completion. Even with the more popular styles and even now that you only need 6 participants. Sometimes it takes many months or even years to get enough people together.

Totally agree with the spirit of the above, but for the sake of shared awareness, it may be important to note that you do not need 6 people to complete a GMTO:

12 people (or more) are needed to make a GMTO without additional MTO fees. All styles (and widths) must be the same.

6 people (or 6-11) are needed to reduce MTO fees by 50%. (This is what the current crop of GMTOs are paying).

Any order with less than 6 people will incur full MTO fees.

The good news is that C&J will allow an MTO of nearly any of their styles, discontinued or active, via their MTO program, and you can usually choose all the features of the shoe, including the last. It is an incredibly accessible program in that regard, and opens up a lot of possibilities for shoe enthusiasts!

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Totally agree with the spirit of the above, but for the sake of shared awareness, it may be important to note that you do not need 6 people to complete a GMTO:

12 people (or more) are needed to make a GMTO without additional MTO fees. All styles (and widths) must be the same.

6 people (or 6-11) are needed to reduce MTO fees by 50%. (This is what the current crop of GMTOs are paying).

Any order with less than 6 people will incur full MTO fees.

The good news is that C&J will allow an MTO of nearly any of their styles, discontinued or active, via their MTO program, and you can usually choose all the features of the shoe, including the last. It is an incredibly accessible program in that regard, and opens up a lot of possibilities for shoe enthusiasts!
As I understand it. The current GMTO are fee waived but have included impending price increases. So this is the future..

Marmite89

Reaction score
As I understand it. The current GMTO are fee waived but have included impending price increases. So this is the future..

A concerning state of affairs if C&J feel that increases in the region of £125 per pair of shoes/boots is what is in order…

Some inflationary pressures, sure… but not that magnitude.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
A concerning state of affairs if C&J feel that increases in the region of £125 per pair of shoes/boots is what is in order…

Some inflationary pressures, sure… but not that magnitude.
I’d imagine it’s exaggerated on shell but my crystal ball has the same view as everyone else’s. I know other uk makers are looking at 10 per cent rises soon.

andiandi

Reaction score
Received my new conistons and found it quite interesting how different batches of leather make a shoe look (feel) very different:

There is my old pair (circa 7/8 years old, resoled once) which has a super grainy leather, almost plasticy touch, did never really like the way it creased and also on the toe cap (were the leather is stretched over the last) the leather hardly lost its embossed grain, which makes me assume that the leather didn’t stretch much. It makes for a much more casual look.

On the other hand my new pair has very soft and pliable leather, only light grain patterns which especially shows on the toe cap, the shoe almost completely lost its embossed grain, so I think it stretched much more over the last. It makes for a rather formal look I think.

Maybe the leather comes from different tanneries and maybe even the way it was tanned was different (see inside of the tongue). Anyways, moral of the story: love them both, I am happy that I have the same boot for different tasks, just wanted to share this with you!

C876629A-587F-4F4D-AE3D-CF6D6975742D.jpeg
DCA13131-BAEB-4ACE-B804-6008E4CD274A.jpeg
1E78755F-C0FF-40C2-B9EE-39731AF6D584.jpeg
61BF9321-6597-4B97-BF41-41204F087341.jpeg
A5947BBE-023F-49B3-9177-EE0F8F012D06.jpeg
47857DBE-820C-49D2-8304-C896E3043372.jpeg
38BA7781-677C-4BA7-BA5F-74A920A82C38.jpeg
FBE2FD6D-742D-462D-87C8-7E6A2B25FCF5.jpeg
9FBCDD06-65FC-4E3C-A6A9-CFE5E4111A12.jpeg

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Received my new conistons and found it quite interesting how different batches of leather make a shoe look (feel) very different:

There is my old pair (circa 7/8 years old, resoled once) which has a super grainy leather, almost plasticy touch, did never really like the way it creased and also on the toe cap (were the leather is stretched over the last) the leather hardly lost its embossed grain, which makes me assume that the leather didn’t stretch much. It makes for a much more casual look.

On the other hand my new pair has very soft and pliable leather, only light grain patterns which especially shows on the toe cap, the shoe almost completely lost its embossed grain, so I think it stretched much more over the last. It makes for a rather formal look I think.

Maybe the leather comes from different tanneries and maybe even the way it was tanned was different (see inside of the tongue). Anyways, moral of the story: love them both, I am happy that I have the same boot for different tasks, just wanted to share this with you!

View attachment 1756332 View attachment 1756333 View attachment 1756334 View attachment 1756335 View attachment 1756336 View attachment 1756337 View attachment 1756338 View attachment 1756339 View attachment 1756340
Where did you buy black Conistons?

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

View attachment 1756332 View attachment 1756333 View attachment 1756334 View attachment 1756335 View attachment 1756336 View attachment 1756337 View attachment 1756338 View attachment 1756339 View attachment 1756340

OK for minute I thought you received a pair of boots with 2 left feet. ?

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
Very nice! I did think about what the collective noun should be for such a fine grouping of Coniston’s… Herd? Flock? Fleet? Pack? ?

The reason why Coniston’s form herds can not always be stated easily, since the underlying mechanisms are diverse and complex. Understanding the social behaviour of Coniston’s and the formation of groups has been a fundamental goal in the field of sociobiology and behavioural ecology. Theoretical framework is focused on the costs and benefits associated with living in groups in terms of the fitness of each individual pair of Coniston’s compared to living solitarily. Living in groups evolved independently multiple times in various taxa and can only occur if its benefits outweigh the costs within an evolutionary timescale. Thus, Coniston’s form groups whenever this increases their fitness compared to living in solitary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads